Ingrams Shave Cream

I'm having an Ingrams week. After a few days it's easy to judge the right balance between the cream and water to achieve the desired effect. Chopping and changing each day does have drawbacks. I'm glad I stuck with this cream after the early problem - faulty product - I'm still using the freebies I got in compensation.

I used Ingrams for the first time yesterday and had a great shave. Bowl lathered with my Wee Scot and got a super lather, the best i've had so far. I'll be buying some more of this for sure. Love the menthol first thing in the morning too.

Picked up my first tube of ingrams yesterday.
Interesting smell to say the least - bit like talcum powder to me.
Lathers well and lovely cooling effect after finishing with a splash of cold water.
Felt that the palmolive shave stick pressed into a bowl is better.
The palmolive feels slicker helping the blade glide better giving a smoother finish for me.
Will definitely keep using the ingrams to finish it off though - probably at weekends.

I just tried the blue for the first time.
Not bad. About double the menthol of Proraso & 1/3 to 1/2 the hit I get off QCS Vostok. I agree it's like a strong talc smell so not unpleasant.
I had to use a load of the stuff to get a decent lather. After a couple of poor attempts, I found that basically the less water on a damp brush the better, at least for face lathering.
Is it really supposed to be that runny? What a mess!

Re: RE: Ingrams Shave Cream

Gairdner said:
Erm...hello. Still using it, still loving it and I'm still around or should that be round. As long as they make it, I'll buy it and use it.

GRAEME'S BACK!! B-)
How are you doing, old bean? Pleased to see from you again.

I used some of this stuff for the first time last night. Never again and it is going in the bin. Even an hour and a half after the shave when I went to bed my face was still nipping and when I woke up this morning it was and still is bright red. There's clearly something in it my face doesn't like, it was the only product in last night's shave I haven't used before so I'm sure that it is the cream to blame.

Just finished my first tube. I start with a brush soaked in water for ten minutes, shaken as dry as possible, then lathered up with a double, or even treble (but that's wasteful), almond-sized splodge of Ingrams. Face-lathered, this stuff is great. The menthol is stronger than Proraso green, very refreshing. Excellent value at sub-£2 a tube, even if I do have to use twice as much per shave. I think I might prefer this to Proraso Green but I haven't yet used up a tub of that croap. And, I'm all about fairness so I haven't passed judgement just yet.

I store it in the fridge. This seems to make it less runny!

zygalski said:
I just tried the blue for the first time.
Not bad. About double the menthol of Proraso & 1/3 to 1/2 the hit I get off QCS Vostok. I agree it's like a strong talc smell so not unpleasant.
I had to use a load of the stuff to get a decent lather. After a couple of poor attempts, I found that basically the less water on a damp brush the better, at least for face lathering.
Is it really supposed to be that runny? What a mess!

Jamesc said:
25p!

Are you a factory employee?!

ffarouki said:
We get Ingram for £0.25 a tube from where I am from.

Nope. That's how much it costs. Egyptian Ingram sells for this much throughout the Middle East.

Think they produce it under license from Ingram UK and been doing so for nearly 50 years.

Back
Top Bottom