Ingrams Shave Cream

Started my second tube this morning, my first shaves worth I had to literally poor out of the tube it was that runny. However the remaining cream seems properly thick.

had a superlather shave at lunch time. Arko stick on face and a good wodge of the sloshy tube in the brush. Masses of thick cooling lather everywhere. At least i know im definitely not going to waste the sloshy one.

I've been to Superdrug in Barrow-In-Furness and they don't stock it, I tried a few independents and they haven't got it either, did find some "old" Erasmic tubes for £1.30, and a 100 pack of Wilkinson Sword DE's for £10. I'll try Ulverston as soon as I can as I'm curious to try it as I like Proraso's green scent and if Ingrams is a little stronger then I should quite like that too!

Strange that the superdrug didn't have it - that's where I got mine.

Did you buy those Wilkinson swords? Check where they were made - if they're British then they're supposed to be really good blades.

Don't know about Ulverston but I'd guess there ought to be some there. If you ever get there there's an independet pharmacy in Bowness that sells a decent range including Ingram I think, Tabac too. 1 or 2 independents in Grange too IIRC that I'd guess would sell it. A visit there is always a good excuse for a Higginson's pie! If you're ever in Penrith Jospeh Cowper pharmacy sells Ingram, Palmolive, Erasmic, Kent, Woods of Windsor, TOBS along with Kent brushes. Superdrug in Penrith also sells Ingram. If you like menthol you'll likely enjoy Ingram - top notch.

Well!........ I suppose I'm a bit of an idiot, I went into Bodycare instead and argued the point that loads of my mates on a wet shave forum all over the country can get it at their local Superdrug so why haven't you got it on your shelves!! Didn't get embarrassed until I was sat in Costa looking out over to the actual Superdrug store and thought, "oopsie! Wrong shop!" PMSL!
Shavecraft, which one in Bowness as I'm there quite often and obviously, I've been to the pie shop in Grange once too often as well!
I've also bought a few requisites from Penrith too, I forget the name of the gents shop but it's in a little arcade and sells all sorts, EJ, TOBS, Trumpers, Simpsons and Merkur also.
Mulligano, I didn't buy the Wilkies as I'm pretty sure they were the German ones but I'm going back to check, if they are the British ones I'll get them and PIF you and Shavecraft a couple of packets!

Big T said:
Mulligano, I didn't buy the Wilkies as I'm pretty sure they were the German ones but I'm going back to check, if they are the British ones I'll get them and PIF you and Shavecraft a couple of packets!

Thanks, that's very kind of you, but if there's one thing I don't need right now it's more blades - my drawer is groaning under the weight of them!

Even if they're not English ones, I find the German ones quite acceptable although you can pick up 100 Astra SPs for less than a tenner and I find them even better.

I agree, I like Astra SP's and recently acquired 100 and a stick of Arko, (which I really like and already had a box of twelve!) for about £9 that's why I didn't buy them, but if they turn out to be British I'll get them as I like stuff made here and keep them for posterity!

Big T said:
Shavecraft, which one in Bowness as I'm there quite often and obviously,

I've also bought a few requisites from Penrith too, I forget the name of the gents shop but it's in a little arcade and sells all sorts, EJ, TOBS, Trumpers, Simpsons and Merkur also.

this 1 i think https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF-8&q=pharmacy+in+bowness&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=pharmacy&hnear=0x487c944c0c66adc5:0x72afaa086cb12bf4,Bowness-on-Windermere,+Cumbria&ei=J-A2U-m3EtKf7gas_4GgAg&ved=0CIkBELYD&iwloc=cids:9190617366775072053,8380404430260751109

Re. Penrith Yeh that is/was a decent little shop, unsure if it's still there. Cowpers pharmacy is on King Street opposite Penrith Building Society

Used some of the sloshy tube again this morning. Gave it a good shake and a nice big puddle in the bottom of my mug.

Gobs of lather, nice close shave, felt like ice and when the Alcolado Glacial went on it took my breath away.

As has already been said, Ingrams is indeed the daddy!

I'm not a massive fan of the smell of Alcolado. It's inoffensive, but the Menthol is what i wanted from it... and by God, after a shave with Ingrams, the hit is incredible!

Thankfully the smell of the Alcolado doesn't seem to linger particularly long, so by the time i get to work i can splash on something else for the day.

Update.... Well I went back to the "correct" Superdrug, (see post #215!) and have now got a tube of Ingram's to try, I also went back to the independent chemists and checked out the Wilkies, turns out they are the German ones so let them be.

I hope the Ingrams will be worth the quest!

Back
Top Bottom