Ingrams Shave Cream

Pulled out my tube of Ingram last night to use for this morning's shave.

It really is very nice, and I don't understand why I don't use it more often. The scent is a bit "meh" but it's nicer than an Arko or Palmolive stick, and as soon as the menthol went up my nostrils I was awake.

Ian

I've only just been using Ingrams for a couple of weeks and here in Lancashire with our soft water its a bloody treat.
You do use a bit more but it just 'leaps into lather' as the saying goes and gives me a superb three passes shave in return for a fifty pence size blob of the stuff.
I'm not sure why but I have much more lathering success with the cheap creams and soaps.
Check out that lather! Bootiful! :D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361063679213.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361063679213.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 51
Great service that from Lornamead but hope Dobbo gets his too. Yeah, agree the scent could perhaps be a take it or leave thing but personally I really like it. It just smells fresh, familiar and comforting now.

Does me no end of good to see folks buying, using and loving their Ingrams as it means they'll keep making it, places will keep stocking it and I'll still be able to buy it (or rather the long-haired Sergeant Major will procure it for me ;)).

Darren, I have more success with this as regards the quality of my shave than most other products. Slather it on, shave well and breathe in that marvellous menthol magnificence. Still my favourite regardless of price.

Yours,
Gairdner Ingram-Fraser

Gairdner said:
It just smells fresh, familiar and comforting now.

I've used it for the past 4 shaves, and it's getting to be like that for me.

The last 2 shaves (Sunday and Monday) have been with the Feather AC SS/Feather Pro Blade and it works very well with that as well as DE razors.

I'm going to wander in to town this lunchtime to get a another tube.

Ian

leemk said:
Nice suprise today through the post from Lornamead after sending them back the watery tube of Ingrams i had.

20130206_151326_zps21e6ed5e.jpg

Thats fantastic customer service.

and nice work from Dobbo25 for getting the email address to the company.

So was this less watery? I used up my tube very quickly. It was just liquid. But it still made great lather and I wouldn't want to give up on it if it was a temporary problem.

It was just a bad batch here is the email I received from the company.

Re: Ingram Lather Shaving Cream

Further to your recent email regarding the above product, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and please accept our apologies that you have felt the need to contact us on this occasion.
We have carried out a thorough investigation and have found a number of batches where the product has developed an unusual consistency after production. The most likely cause of this is a production processing problem. While this problem has mainly affected the aesthetics of the product it may also have affected the functionality of the product in some cases.

If that's the case they should recall it or clear the old stock imo. I may be wrong but there could be a lot of people who must have bought the "new" watery formulation and thrown the tube away without bothering to report it. That would put them off buying the product ever again.

I have a tube of Proraso sandalwood that's runny. It comes out of the tube and onto my hand in a puddle.

Still lathers like a b**tard, though :)

Ian

I can confirm that it does appear to have been a bad batch.

After sending my dodgy tube back (it was the 2nd bad one I'd bought) they sent me 3 replacement tubes and, after testing each one, they appear to be more akin to the proper consistency.

Great service in my opinion!

My custom disappear? Not likely! Never had a watery tube yet and everyone who had had that misfortune and sent it back, Lornamead have replaced it with no less than three tubes. How often do companies make mistakes and how often do they rectify them in such a customer friendly manner? In my experience, hardly ever. As a well voiced fan of this product, I'd like to thank all those that have sent there watery tubes back as it is difficult to rectify a problem without feedback. Yes, I agree that it should never have happened in the first place and perhaps better monitoring should have been going on but we are talking about a low priced product made in bulk. Mistakes will happen no matter what and a recall may well have been impractical or frightened off what stockists they do have. There are hardly any British shaving products made at the 'blue collar' end of the market and I for one would feel very aggrieved should Ingrams vanish. Right then, now I'm off to lather a bastard...:D

Back
Top Bottom