Ingrams Shave Cream

Count of Undolpho said:
squidge it about a bit in the tube with the lid on - it separates a bit.

Tried that one Count even giving it a good shake didn't work, definitely a lot more watery than it should be but not to worry It hasn't put me off buying another one, actually might stick it in the fridge to see if it firms it up a bit then I'll really have the cool menthol effect :icon_lol:

49er said:
Can't stand the stuff! Cheap, but you have to use a lot to get a decent shave.
Cheap it maybe , but happy to have it sitting along my T&H,Trumpers etc,:icon_biggrin:

Count of Undolpho said:

+1. That's all it needs if it's separated a bit. Top notch cream for me. Best face or palm lathered. Never had any difficulty getting a good slick lather from it that way. I found it doesn't respond great to bowl lathering. If you like to face lather, like me, that's not a problem.

shavecraft said:
Count of Undolpho said:

+1. That's all it needs if it's separated a bit. Top notch cream for me. Best face or palm lathered. Never had any difficulty getting a good slick lather from it that way. I found it doesn't respond great to bowl lathering. If you like to face lather, like me, that's not a problem.

It separated quite a lot , I think they forgot to put the cornflour in to thicken it :icon_lol: Like I said It'll not stop me getting another tube, I think it worked out about three tablespoons worth onto my brush and I face lathered , though what I did try I was impressed with, its sitting in my fridge now and I'll see if it sets properly

Ah well always worth a try, a bit of squidging is.
I was impressed with the quality of lather when I tried it but in combination with the mentholated pre-shave oil I was using it was a little extreme for most days. Handy on a Monday morning though! ;-)

Love Ingram's cream as the lather is good and skincare too. The cold water rinse after a three pass shave with minor touch ups is so refreshing. Usually less than £2 in Superdrug - £1.77 is the most I've paid and 88p the least! All from the same branch in Edinburgh which must be near my wife's work as she very kindly fetches it in for me. Will always be in my bathroom unless it changes in any major way.

leemk said:
Watery one from Milton Keynes Superdrug as well , one I bought from there last year was a lot thicker , could probably pour all the cream out of this tube without squeezing .

And mines from the North, so definitely a rogue batch, still, get a nice lather with a couple of teaspoons worth though :icon_biggrin:

I bought one two years ago on holiday in Sussex and it was rather thin, though not as watery as you're describing. It lathered well in the moderate-to-hard Sussex water, but, on returning home to Norfolk, our extra-hard water meant that I couldn't get it to lather as well as it had down South.

Back
Top Bottom