Ingrams Shave Cream

chrisbell said:
I bought one two years ago on holiday in Sussex and it was rather thin, though not as watery as you're describing. It lathered well in the moderate-to-hard Sussex water, but, on returning home to Norfolk, our extra-hard water meant that I couldn't get it to lather as well as it had down South.

You learn something every day. I've always considered Norfolk to be one of those counties in the South East of England which is why Chris's 'down South' description of Sussex set me thinking. So, on checking, I find that Norfolk is further North than Birmingham which is where I'm (roughly speaking) typing from. Who would have thought it?

Re: RE: Ingrams Shave Cream

UKRob said:
chrisbell said:
I bought one two years ago on holiday in Sussex and it was rather thin, though not as watery as you're describing. It lathered well in the moderate-to-hard Sussex water, but, on returning home to Norfolk, our extra-hard water meant that I couldn't get it to lather as well as it had down South.

You learn something every day. I've always considered Norfolk to be one of those counties in the South East of England which is why Chris's 'down South' description of Sussex set me thinking. So, on checking, I find that Norfolk is further North than Birmingham which is where I'm (roughly speaking) typing from. Who would have thought it?

I lived in Norfolk for years, and I always thought Birmingham was up North. I actually just had to look at a map to check.

Lose the beard said:
UKRob said:
chrisbell said:

I lived in Norfolk for years, and I always thought Birmingham was up North. I actually just had to look at a map to check.

I had a similar moment to Gladys LTB several years back now.:blush:

leemk said:
Watery one from Milton Keynes Superdrug as well , one I bought from there last year was a lot thicker , could probably pour all the cream out of this tube without squeezing .

I emailed them yesterday just to let them know there was a problem ,they emailed me and said send it back and they'll send me out a replacement, here's what they said

We have carried out a thorough investigation and have found a number of batches where the product has developed an unusual consistency after production. The most likely cause of this is a production processing problem. While this problem has mainly affected the aesthetics of the product it may also have affected the functionality of the product in some cases.

Dobbo25 said:
leemk said:
Watery one from Milton Keynes Superdrug as well , one I bought from there last year was a lot thicker , could probably pour all the cream out of this tube without squeezing .

I emailed them yesterday just to let them know there was a problem ,they emailed me and said send it back and they'll send me out a replacement, here's what they said

We have carried out a thorough investigation and have found a number of batches where the product has developed an unusual consistency after production. The most likely cause of this is a production processing problem. While this problem has mainly affected the aesthetics of the product it may also have affected the functionality of the product in some cases.

Nice work , will send mine back and see what happens.

maybe not , cheapest postage i could find was £2.20., unless i squash it flat and send it as a large letter for 0.69p

Just email them with the batch code which should be on the end of the tube and explain whats wrong with it, they should send you a freepost address to send it back to, I'll let you know what happens when I hear any more

Dobbo25 said:
Just email them with the batch code which should be on the end of the tube and explain whats wrong with it, they should send you a freepost address to send it back to, I'll let you know what happens when I hear any more

Thats good , can i have the email add , can only find the postal address online.

cheers.

Good show, well done Dobbo. Can't have my favourite blue collar shaving cream becoming sub standard. If we don't tell them when things are wrong they can't do anything about it and I, for one, hope they keep making this as long as possible.

I also found out that they make Witch Doctor skin treatment gel which I use if I get a bit of irritation, as for the cream it was my first tube but what I did use I loved it, just as good as my Trumpers and Truefitt, I'll definitely buy it again.

Granville! Ey 'up, G-G-Granville! Write that d-down, summat else to st-st-st-st, get for the shop. Seriously though, another British made, affordable product with a good bit of rep from members is just what I'm after and music to my big ears.

octopus said:
Gairdner said:
The Witch Doctor gel looks very interesting, Dobbo. Much obliged. :D

This is great stuff, you can get it from Savers for less than 2 quid
Ah that's where it's gone to, I used to get it in my local supermarket but I noticed it's not stocked as much, as for Savers I got a few travel size cans of Noxzema for 50p
I know it's foam in a can but it's one of the best and for 50p it's worth a go

Back
Top Bottom