EDC

Ok, this may add injury to insult.

Used to work for Linn Hi-Fi one of the worlds leading Hi-Fi makers. The stuff is beautiful, but waaaaay expensive. Got my system built and after we got married sold it for a pretty profit. Loving music as I do, I needed something. So took a wee adventure over to head / ear phones.

Like Northam said I don't carry these every day, but I do have one pair on me at all times.

I love the Bass signature of Bose so bought a pair of Bose QC25's. As I am out an about all the time, I bought a pair of Jaybirds X1's Bluetooth which are excellent and give all round flexibility and most importantly good sound. Last but least my favourite of all time Shure SE535's never had a pair like it. In terms of sound isolation and comfortability they are the business. Mostly use these in the office if I have work to do that requires a lot of focussed time. the best bit is I don't have to have them that loud because the form the perfect seal in the ear canal, and I don't get to hear the chatter of the office.

PHOTO_20161103_204029.jpg

Next up portable music! Hee Hee

I've a few pairs of head/ear phones.

I've a set of Shure ear, they are great, but no iPhone control. A pair of Beats ear, nice but not up to Shure. Then I've headphones, some B&O on ear, lovely sound. For the bus a cheap set of Bluetooth KS, cheap and nasty but being wireless they are easier than snagging a lead when I've a hook in one hand and a bag in the other.

Ok, this may add injury to insult.

Used to work for Linn Hi-Fi one of the worlds leading Hi-Fi makers. The stuff is beautiful, but waaaaay expensive. Got my system built and after we got married sold it for a pretty profit. Loving music as I do, I needed something. So took a wee adventure over to head / ear phones.

Like Northam said I don't carry these every day, but I do have one pair on me at all times.

I love the Bass signature of Bose so bought a pair of Bose QC25's. As I am out an about all the time, I bought a pair of Jaybirds X1's Bluetooth which are excellent and give all round flexibility and most importantly good sound. Last but least my favourite of all time Shure SE535's never had a pair like it. In terms of sound isolation and comfortability they are the business. Mostly use these in the office if I have work to do that requires a lot of focussed time. the best bit is I don't have to have them that loud because the form the perfect seal in the ear canal, and I don't get to hear the chatter of the office.

View attachment 21707

Next up portable music! Hee Hee

What do you think of the Cowon Plenue DAP?
q1-cowon-plenue-d-compact.jpg

Aesthetically very pleasing, however unable to comment on the sound quality or UI. But I don't think you can hedge all your bets on one horse. There are too many variables to take into consideration, for example file formats, playback quality, UI, ability to Rockbox it, expandable memory to say a few.

Did you get one?

Aesthetically very pleasing, however unable to comment on the sound quality or UI. But I don't think you can hedge all your bets on one horse. There are too many variables to take into consideration, for example file formats, playback quality, UI, ability to Rockbox it, expandable memory to say a few.

Did you get one?

I was seriously considering one but am still on the fence. The world of music players is a lot harder to navigate than the wet shaving world :)

About earphones, I've been using (EDC) this pair of TaoTronics Bluetooth earphones I picked them up from Amazon for £15. I've got to say they perform very well; last best part of a week (2hrs daily commute). Easy charge via a micro-USB cable.
The freedom of not having to untangle earphone leads and not getting caught up in the leads is surprisingly wonderful.
41Z7depfk0L._SX425_.jpg

About earphones, I've been using (EDC) this pair of TaoTronics Bluetooth earphones I picked them up from Amazon for £15. I've got to say they perform very well; last best part of a week (2hrs daily commute). Easy charge via a micro-USB cable.
The freedom of not having to untangle earphone leads and not getting caught up in the leads is surprisingly wonderful.
41Z7depfk0L._SX425_.jpg

Are there affordable, good blue tooth in-ear headphones that will work with iPhone (6s) in a way that it allows you to adjust volume/pause, etc from an on-chord remote?

Are there affordable, good blue tooth in-ear headphones that will work with iPhone (6s) in a way that it allows you to adjust volume/pause, etc from an on-chord remote?

Yes, look at the Jaybirds X1 or X2 very good set of Bluetooth headphones. My out and about phones. Noise isolating, good overall playback.

In terms of a DAP have a look at this:iBasso

What a piece of affordable kit, that does not slack on quality, playback, looks, or UI. You can also put on Rockbox which is a bonus.

The topic of "EDC" or "Every Day Carry" has gained increasing popularity as the term - once mostly referred to firearms carry - have extended to embrace 'anything that you carry on a daily basis'.

Sure, pants and shoes are for many of us EDC items (or so I hope) - but these latest EDC trends and threads focus primarily on the tools/gadgets/toys that you seem to bring with you every time you step out the door - hopefully wearing said clothes.

If you're up for it do share YOUR EDC kit - or kits - below - be it lighters, knives, wallets, flashlights, etc, etc....
EDC kits probably also change by season and if so - what are you going to be carrying this fall/winter?

Maybe we can learn, inspire and enable each other in yet another area :)

My current EDC kit is pretty basic:
Top row: SlowWatch, Popov wallet, Anker High-Capacity battery
Middle row: Karma 'social' WiFi, Persol sunglasses (living in CA I consider that an EDC)
Bottom row: Popov Hobo leather case w/ hobo notebook, Popov notebook case, Parker 25 pen.
* Forgot to include my Opinel #6 knife that also always comes with me
View attachment 21440

What I am waiting for:
MecArmy X-1 Titanium keyring flashlight
Popov small card wallet
Popov leather keychain
FidgetCraft Spinner
Brass spinner

What I am considering/have on my wish-list:
Key-Bar - or something similar

Ah, the Parker 25. I used one of these at school & recently wished to purchase one. I was fortunate to find a fella on the South coast who used to work for Parkers when they had a factory in Newhaven & he rebuilds them. Needless to say I bought 2, a rollerball & a ballpoint, both as good as new. Wonderful pens, bringing back memories of the 70's.

Ah, the Parker 25. I used one of these at school & recently wished to purchase one. I was fortunate to find a fella on the South coast who used to work for Parkers when they had a factory in Newhaven & he rebuilds them. Needless to say I bought 2, a rollerball & a ballpoint, both as good as new. Wonderful pens, bringing back memories of the 70's.

I love my 25 Ballpen, gifted by a member here, gifted at a time when I needed a lift, sadly not a member we see much of on here anymore which is a great shame.

Back
Top Bottom