EDC

What make is your key clip with those little carabrina's I like the set up

www.niteize.com

You can quite often see them in those outdoorsy-type shops. Very strong and very light.
KLKP_Feature_00_l.jpg

I was into EDC a few months/years ago and have to adjust it several times according to the season, situation, etc.

My EDC bags:

Rush 24 with a very British morale patch (used mostly for short trips or as a shopping bag)
051410.jpg

Most of the time my to go bag is the cheap Ikea messenger bag (it replaced my faithfull Eastpak delegate that served me for a dozen years)

f%C3%B6renkla-shoulder-bag-black__0416854_pe579139_s4.jpg

Some old pictures of previous EDC

img-2012.jpg

img-2021.jpg

img-2022.jpg

My current EDC is:
- Ikea Knalla foldable backpack, an extra bag for shopping
- Ikea Knalla foldable umbrella, because of the unpredictable English rain...
- Decathlon Quechua Forclaz 50 fleece + gloves, British weather - all four seasons in the space of an hour...
- A chinese smartphone with Citymapper (very useful in big cities such as London) installed, beside all other usefull apps (pdf reader, mp3/podcast player, video player, torch, etc). Apps or bookmarks like The Londonist, Secret London, Time Out London, London Events, Taste of London, Eat in London, London Popups, Skint London, Handpicked London. Wifi is free around most supermarkets (Asda, Sainsburry's, boots, etc)
- A pillfob with daily medication
- Vaping gear
- American Optical sunglasses in summer
- Water if possible
- I leave my SAK (Wenger before the buy out) at home since the law about carrying a knife are so severe in the UK
- Oyster card, and different loyalty cards (the Waitrose's entitles you to get a free tea or coffee, this can be useful sometimes)
- A watch (radiocontrolled G-shock or mechanical Speedmaster)
- A hand sanitiser
- Wallet
- Chinese exam Mechanical pencil +pen

Rather than give my fave suggestion, try looking at UK legal on Heinnie Haynes site. They have a great range of non locking, under 3" folders in a variety of styles and cost.

JohnnyO. o/

Cheers Johnny O, I did. Wow what a selection you could go daft. Although I wonder how you justify £600 on a tactical knife.

Cheers Johnny O, I did. Wow what a selection you could go daft. Although I wonder how you justify £600 on a tactical knife.

Being honest Paul, like many of us ... I don't ! My own pocket knife is a Bear Grylls " multi tool ", which which is really just a pen knife with attachments. But, I do enjoy browsing that site on occasion.

JohnnyO. o/

So I finally managed to get round to my EDC left pocket. Mainly consists of keyring and items.

I found this FreeKey on Amazon Uk and thank goodness some has the sense to develop a Keyring that doesn't split your finger nails or break them. Also in this image is a Microlocking S-Biner which I butchered off a Nite IZE. I took what I needed and gave the rest to my boy. He now has his own EDC which is in development.

PHOTO_20161102_202455.jpg

The freekey is quite simple to operate, there is a slight buckle in the ring which you squeeze, and that allows you to thread the keys and items on.

PHOTO_20161102_201627.jpg

This is it all put together going clockwise from the Car key. Well..... The car key, and house keys. Nite Tritium Glow ring, a Leatherman 5 pocket tool, a Micro SD card - USB (allows a micro sd card to be insert to a USB port for transferring files), Spyderco HoneyBee pen knife (UK Legal Carry) and my MecArmy IllumineX 3 in copper brilliant wee thing.

Last but least - ForeverSpin Spinning Top or a FidgetCraft Geometric Spinner which I am waiting to arrive
PHOTO_20161102_204641-2.jpg

My other pocket has no room left once this baby goes in it. It has Ninja Glass fitted to it to stop the screen getting damaged. Although I very rarely put anything in the same pocket it is in.
IMG_0037.jpg

My connectivity to the world and this forum of course! Motorola Nexus 6. Contract is due up in Jan and won't be changing because there is nothing out there like it.

Next up is my bag, which I will do another time!

So I finally managed to get round to my EDC left pocket. Mainly consists of keyring and items.

I found this FreeKey on Amazon Uk and thank goodness some has the sense to develop a Keyring that doesn't split your finger nails or break them. Also in this image is a Microlocking S-Biner which I butchered off a Nite IZE. I took what I needed and gave the rest to my boy. He now has his own EDC which is in development.

View attachment 21676

The freekey is quite simple to operate, there is a slight buckle in the ring which you squeeze, and that allows you to thread the keys and items on.

View attachment 21677

This is it all put together going clockwise from the Car key. Well..... The car key, and house keys. Nite Tritium Glow ring, a Leatherman 5 pocket tool, a Micro SD card - USB (allows a micro sd card to be insert to a USB port for transferring files), Spyderco HoneyBee pen knife (UK Legal Carry) and my MecArmy IllumineX 3 in copper brilliant wee thing.

Last but least - ForeverSpin Spinning Top or a FidgetCraft Geometric Spinner which I am waiting to arrive
View attachment 21678

My other pocket has no room left once this baby goes in it. It has Ninja Glass fitted to it to stop the screen getting damaged. Although I very rarely put anything in the same pocket it is in.
View attachment 21679

My connectivity to the world and this forum of course! Motorola Nexus 6. Contract is due up in Jan and won't be changing because there is nothing out there like it.

Next up is my bag, which I will do another time!

Great photo and great gear!
You sir, have enabled me to get a FreeKey as I HATE the nail-opening-frustration.
Off to Amazon I go!
The plan: to buy a couple and if I like them...have Popov make me some new keychains using these as the rings!

(Btw, the Illuminex is really looking good in copper)

Great photo and great gear!
You sir, have enabled me to get a FreeKey as I HATE the nail-opening-frustration.
Off to Amazon I go!
The plan: to buy a couple and if I like them...have Popov make me some new keychains using these as the rings!

(Btw, the Illuminex is really looking good in copper)

Cheers - You won't be disappointed in the FreeKey soooooooo easy to use and hassle free. Once Popov get his hands on it, it will be interesting to see what he comes up with.

The only concern I have with the MecArmy is the twisting top which switches it on could come loose at some point and be lost. I appreciate it has a lot of threads to work against before eventually coming off, but the possibility is there. I would be happier if there was a stopper or a firmer twist to take it off to charge if that makes sense.

Ok now we have entered down a path of spending and little bits of kit, here's most of my "EDC" type gear. No I don't lump this lot around everyday, there is a rotation so of thing going on.

64c0cf07edcb7b76fcd05dad250059b2.jpg

Don't smoke, but it's fire and a Scout thing !

9be4adc4858b8fbae0e8a95a59074dd1.jpg

Pry bars and screwdrivers

f24cb42b97cf09a1de0719604f02cefc.jpg

Leathermen

1610abac7ac3f662980262859d324f54.jpg

SAK. Swiss Army Knives

8062f0337a8d9190553d0ad5cbe6b752.jpg

Other knives

f7b677a7b89bc0d14591488266cda4c8.jpg

Bits and bobs

11564a57279bb57c7036ebf2fd09b2cb.jpg

Keys

49b93336447f87b5fbfe6fecdff6eff5.jpg

Maxpedition Jumbo Bag, SLT, filters, torch, glasses case, iPad mini, notebook, GoPro, battery pack. Great for trips when I need a bag but don't want a rucksack of camera bag.

c89391c83c6282b67d98b22bbff836bf.jpg

Couple of torches, I've loads more.

There you have my other obsession!

Back
Top Bottom