DE shavers.. How old are you?

Pig Cat said:
smartmove said:
Broad range of ages then!

Yes absolutely, I'm only seventeen. Been shaving for five years since I accidentally drank a whole pint of luteinising hormone and things got a little...er...hairy. :s

Is that in Cat years? :)

39 I wonder what that is in cat years :) Been DE shaving for over a year. I have tinkered with straights I love them as objects of beauty but have not been able to master them.

Big.Dave said:
Pig Cat said:
smartmove said:
Broad range of ages then!

Yes absolutely, I'm only seventeen. Been shaving for five years since I accidentally drank a whole pint of luteinising hormone and things got a little...er...hairy. :s

Is that in Cat years? :)

39 I wonder what that is in cat years :) Been DE shaving for over a year. I have tinkered with straights I love them as objects of beauty but have not been able to master them.

Er probably, as in human years I'm rapidly approaching forty. :-/

I'm still a kid. A 48 year old kid.:s:icon_rolleyes:

I started DE shaving at the beginning of the year after putting up with the horrors of multiblade face-scrapers.

45. I've never had a beard but had a lot of redspots, ingrowns, cuts and weepers. However it's been a lot better since I took up proper shaving a couple of years ago.

I'm 43, and started DE shaving in 2008 as I turned 40. Before that is was mainly an electric razor with the odd Mach3 shave thrown in.

I fancied a change, did a bit of reading on-line, and the rest is in the past.

Ian

Hiya,

I'm almost 62, and I'm guessing I musta used a DE when I was a kid. For the life of me though, the only sorta DE I remember shaving with was a Stahly my dad bought me in the mid 1960s. Yeah, that vibrating head made an impression on me I guess.

Next Thurday will be 4 years since I switched to a DE razor. The year before that I was using a Sensor part of the time, followed by a Schick injector, having previously used a M3 Turbo and Gillette Foamy......heh.

Martin

44 here, was fascinated watching my dad DE shave when i was a kid... started de shaving with crap gear last year, this year i've started using better gear with an ej 89, & am totally hooked to decent shaving... looking forward to getting my 1st vintage razor v soon :) rick.[/align]

40 years old here and never used DE shaving gear before switching almost 2 years ago now.

To be honest I never really had that many issues with cartridge shaving apart from the cost of it.

Prior to switching the only time I had seen a DE razor was when I went for a tattoo on my leg and the tattoo artist shaved the hairs off with one.

37, the cost persuaded me and being a little inquisitive, as my dad always used one. Not looked back since May 2011.

I've spent a lot of money on my new hobby, £100's todate. But with no regrets.

I was a sensor man, which appears to be what most used before. I still have the sensor with about 7 blades which I had to use on holiday recently due to game luggage only, it was goddam awful, I didn't realize what I was pitting up with for the last 15 or so years!!!

41, started in Feb this year.

Previously Mach 3 and whatever was to hand when in the shower, in fact I think I was using shower gel in the end as it seemed no different a cushion to some of the gels I was using. To be fair my shaves were decent, but not as much a relaxing, enjoyable process (or as well scented) as with DE shaving.

Never, ever had a problem with cartridge razors. They always provide a quick, safe, smooth shave and the cost has never forced me to sell a kidney in order to shave.

I have used DEs for the last 4 years with the odd break to return to cartridges . . . just because I can.

Back
Top Bottom