Cream of the week - Ingrams

Count of Undolpho said:
fly3k said:
Second try tonight lathered well with the new forest brush. Will try with the Vulfix 404 next to see how it goes with that brush.

Works fine with the 404 bowl lathering for me.

Will give it a go tomorrow, I bowl lather rather than face. I have found the 404 a bit floppy and sparse? Although they get a lot of love on here.

Another Hotel Room shave for me, so back to the Ingram, this time the hotel had a decent amount of lighting and a steam proof mirror Smile

Prep: Hot Shower
Brush: Simpson Case
Cream: Ingram
Razor: Gillette Bostonian
Blade: Gillette SuperThin
Balm: Barbershop Bay Rum
Cologne: Issey Mayake

Decent shave this morning, starting to go off the Ingram now myself, The first couple of uses this week were a bit nostalgic for me so I enjoyed them for that reason, but now I'm looking forward to something with much less or preferably no MENTHOL.

fly3k said:
Count of Undolpho said:
fly3k said:
Second try tonight lathered well with the new forest brush. Will try with the Vulfix 404 next to see how it goes with that brush.

Will give it a go tomorrow, I bowl lather rather than face. I have found the 404 a bit floppy and sparse? Although they get a lot of love on here.

I've seen a few people holding the fact that it's not the densest knot against it, but then if they were denser they wouldn't be a tenner. I get plenty lather face lathering it for 3+ passes, so no complaints. Isn't a lather hog, which some denser brushes can be. Floppy? Have to disagree, plenty backbone to be a very effective face latherer. Each to their own.

fly3k said:
Count of Undolpho said:
fly3k said:

First time I used it I thought the same thing. I soaked it whilst I had a shower and expected it to pick up soap like my other brushes. It felt floppy and had to get a between pass top up.
Now I only soak it whilst the sink fills, give it a squeeze under the water and it has plenty of backbone, is soft as you like and holds plenty of soap for three passes; nevermind my usual 2 and a touch up.

Ingrams? Corking! As long as you remember to use a little more product than usual it's very easy to consistently get a fine, slick, comfortable and moisturising lather. If it wasn't for the basic scent and heavy menthol kick I'd be happy using this all the time.

the smell is not one of choice...as for menthol kick...im still waiting but if you guys say there is a one....i musta missed it,,,as for quantity used...the most product of any i have tried in achieving a lather...ill agree there..slickness...i musta missed that too

now if it would poison the starlings in my guttering...now i would recommend it,,as it is it would cost me more to send it too someone than for you to buy it from superdrug....therefore

original comment stands...in the bin

n1vlo said:
the smell is not one of choice...as for menthol kick...im still waiting but if you guys say there is a one....i musta missed it,,,as for quantity used...the most product of any i have tried in achieving a lather...ill agree there..slickness...i musta missed that too

now if it would poison the starlings in my guttering...now i would recommend it,,as it is it would cost me more to send it too someone than for you to buy it from superdrug....therefore

original comment stands...in the bin

Certainly a case of YMMV there n1vlo! I heartily disagree on all counts, there you go. Shows how personal our ablution preferences are, just like our preferences for food, music etc etc

Count of Undolpho said:
fly3k said:
Count of Undolpho said:
fly3k said:

First time I used it I thought the same thing. I soaked it whilst I had a shower and expected it to pick up soap like my other brushes. It felt floppy and had to get a between pass top up.
Now I only soak it whilst the sink fills, give it a squeeze under the water and it has plenty of backbone, is soft as you like and holds plenty of soap for three passes; nevermind my usual 2 and a touch up.

Ingrams? Corking! As long as you remember to use a little more product than usual it's very easy to consistently get a fine, slick, comfortable and moisturising lather. If it wasn't for the basic scent and heavy menthol kick I'd be happy using this all the time.

+ 1 on soaking time. I've always found soaking a brush for the duration of a shower to be an unnecessarily long time and liable to increase the chance of the brush shedding hairs. I find soaking a brush for as long as it takes me to towel dry plenty of time to get it to lather well.

I've gone off ingrams after using it for the last few shaves something about the smell that reminds me of a cleaning product lather wise its ok just have to use more than i'd use with other creams but the smell has put me right off the last 2 passes of it wafting up me snozzer were too much so back on the shelf it goes till i pass it on to me pops with a few other bits...

Back
Top Bottom