Cream of the week - Ingrams

Nishy said:
daz said:
Tried the Ingrams out tonight and it was a dissapointment :-(
I got the tube last year and remembered it being quite good, but tonight I found that it had split into its previous ingredients. The first few times I used it, it was great and still in a cream so I am pretty sure it wasnt a dodgy tube. It still gave an ok shave but nothing more than that to be honest. I might need to seek some more out this week to complete the experiment but I certainly wont be trying any more from this tube I am afraid

Sounds like it has cracked I sent mine back to ingrams Freeport they gave me a few in return great service

chrisbell said:
As I don't have Ingrams, I'll be trying a couple of new acquisitions this week.. Should I post my thoughts here, or would you rather I buggered off for the week?:angel::icon_razz:

PM your address and ill send you a tube as a thank you for your continued advice :)

Very kind of you, but I've used it before and wasn't impressed, thanks all the same. Providing advice is all part of being in a friendly community such as TSR; I certainly don't do it expecting to receive PIFs, unless I've sent them myself.

chrisbell said:
Nishy said:
daz said:
I got the tube last year and remembered it being quite good, but tonight I found that it had split into its previous ingredients. The first few times I used it, it was great and still in a cream so I am pretty sure it wasnt a dodgy tube. It still gave an ok shave but nothing more than that to be honest. I might need to seek some more out this week to complete the experiment but I certainly wont be trying any more from this tube I am afraid

Sounds like it has cracked I sent mine back to ingrams Freeport they gave me a few in return great service

chrisbell said:
As I don't have Ingrams, I'll be trying a couple of new acquisitions this week.. Should I post my thoughts here, or would you rather I buggered off for the week?:angel::icon_razz:

PM your address and ill send you a tube as a thank you for your continued advice :)

Very kind of you, but I've used it before and wasn't impressed, thanks all the same. Providing advice is all part of being in a friendly community such as TSR; I certainly don't do it expecting to receive PIFs, unless I've sent them myself.

No problem Chris

Count of Undolpho said:
Try remixing it in the tube, squidge it up and down a couple of times and see if it makes a difference.

Tried that Count, but the tube ended up splitting and spewing half its contents into my eyes and on bathroom floor:s
It shall be going in the bin but I will try some more as I did like using it last year

dodgy said:
Hiya,

Not being a menthol fan I would never use Ingrams. From what I understand it's got a real good freeze going on. And you guys like the feeling of your face being cold and numb why??? What could possibly be the attraction.

Yeah, I know I'm in the minority here once again.

Martin

We're just used to it Martin, especially so in Bonnie Scotland where it never really gets above 14 degrees c, except on a really good day in the middle of summer. Putting on Ingrams or such like makes us feel warmer after the shave. It kinda creates the illusion that we live in a nice warm climate! Middle of May and I STILL have the log burner going full pelt. Fancy swapping houses for a couple of weeks?

Count of Undolpho said:
daz said:

Try remixing it in the tube, squidge it up and down a couple of times and see if it makes a difference.

I had the same problem so I squeezed the tube into an empty TOBS container and mixed it with a finger. Worked fine.

Well first use and a little disappointed as I think I got a duff tube as its a little runny. Still got a reasonable lather out of it for a shave but was a little messy lathering it up

From what I'd seen, Ingrams was the most mentholated cream on the market for a long time. Proraso is no contest from what I understand.

So maybe 4 years ago some of the small vendors decided to offer a very intense menthol rush. There was Jean at 'My Time', Joanna at TSD, and someone else I think but can't remember who.

You could dial in how much menthol you wanted in the creams and yep, the coldest setting was the most popular. Crazy bastards.....

Martin

dodgy said:
From what I'd seen, Ingrams was the most mentholated cream on the market for a long time. Proraso is no contest from what I understand.

So maybe 4 years ago some of the small vendors decided to offer a very intense menthol rush. There was Jean at 'My Time', Joanna at TSD, and someone else I think but can't remember who.

You could dial in how much menthol you wanted in the creams and yep, the coldest setting was the most popular. Crazy bastards.....

Martin

I like the menthol so much I actually add some menthol crysal to my proraso. A few teaspoons of warm water in a glass, add some crystals and dunk the brush while in the shower.
Lovely stuff indeed

daz said:
[
I like the menthol so much I actually add some menthol crysal to my proraso. A few teaspoons of warm water in a glass, add some crystals and dunk the brush while in the shower.
Lovely stuff indeed

You menth heads disgust and fascinate me. Ooops, maybe I should edit that, seeing as where I'm posting. Yeah, there's probably a few other crazy guys nodding their heads and planning on buying menthol crystals.......heh. Thread's probably infested with em. Gives me the shivers.

You menth heads disgust and fascinate me. Ooops, maybe I should edit that, seeing as where I'm posting. Yeah, there's probably a few other crazy guys nodding their heads and planning on buying menthol crystals.......heh. Thread's probably infested with em. Gives me the shivers.

Yup, that's me. Had a tub of crystals lying around that are going to get a lot more use now. Just need my spoon and tin foil for that properly pure menth hit.....

Anyway, onto the Ingram's:

Last night's SOTD

I made a tonne of lather last night expecting the iKon to be milder than most (I don't know why) and require more passes - I couldn't have been more wrong.

But the Ingram's was great yet again. I got 2 passes done and then smeared the cooling goodness all over my face to properly kill all feeling in it. After tidying up I rinsed it off with the coldest water I could and then splashed on a generous helping of my newly acquired "Sierran Breeze" aftershave from Superdrug - superb! I had to immediately leave the house to go in town and my face felt like it was scaling everest in the buff. A proper bracing feeling.

Needless to say I was on my toes when in town.

I used the Ingrams cream today with some excellent results.

Yesterday I had too much water in my brush - I'm used to hard soap which seems to need more water. This morning I took out the excess water. The cream lathered up beautifully. There was lots of volume and it was very slick. So much so that this was one of the smoothest shaves I've had. I was using a Pearl OC with a Rapira blade (day 3).

I didn't feel the menthol though - probably because I always use Proraso Pre cream!!!

Anyway a very smooth shave, a cheap cream and I will get some more when this tube finishes.

Another good shave with the Ingrams this morning, bowl lathered it again which is still fairly new to me. All went well till I dropped the brush into the sink between the first and second pass. Bit watery after that!

The bowl I use is from an Omega 49, stand and bowl set in red plastic. I find leaving it floating in the sink both to preheat and in between passes keeps the lather nice and warm, even reheating what's on the brush with only a quick swirl. Which is nice.

Very good, Chris! In fact...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knYOcaQ-x5o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

(Yes I don't know how to embed YouTube clips with YouTube app and tapatalk on Android)

Went out and bought some yesterday. How runny is the dodgy stuff? I squeezed it into the bowl and it didn't hold a tube shape but slowly sank into a thick freid egg shape. I could really only smell the menthol once I'd lathered it and brushed it under my nose. Nice shave though!

Back
Top Bottom