Cream of the week - Ingrams

I use it regulary- really easy to get a good lather with it. Happily the chemist in my village sells it, so only a short walk to reacquire!

Here's something to try if you also like Palmolive cream, try using a bit of each- together they make a fabulous shaving lather, a 'Frankencream' if you like!!

I've in for this one!

I've mainly soap lathered with a brush or used dipped my brush in a cream from a tub.

How much Ingrams should I squeeze out? Almond size? Pea size? 50p size?

Umar said:
I've in for this one!

I've mainly soap lathered with a brush or used dipped my brush in a cream from a tub.

How much Ingrams should I squeeze out? Almond size? Pea size? 50p size?

I've found with Ingrams, I need more than other creams from a tube, and normally squeeze out about an inch, maybe a bit more of it into the bottom of my bowl/onto the tips of the brush. I'm sure others will be along with more advice soon.

50p sounds about right to me. You do need to use a bit more product than with, say, TOBS. Given the low cost it's hardly worth scrimping. You'll soon learn what's required for your brush and lathering style.

Put the picture in the SOTD.

I think I may have been a bit hard on the Proraso the past few shaves - I'd forgotten how much Ingrams that I normally add. Perhaps it is because I got the two free tubes and gave them away but I felt I used a fair bit for a 2 pass shave with touch ups.

But it does perform well. The lather appears, to me, slightly thinner than TOBS and others but performs well despite that. The menthol kick is just great! Definitely one I look forward to try when the warm weather finally arrives.

Tried the Ingrams out tonight and it was a dissapointment :-(
I got the tube last year and remembered it being quite good, but tonight I found that it had split into its previous ingredients. The first few times I used it, it was great and still in a cream so I am pretty sure it wasnt a dodgy tube. It still gave an ok shave but nothing more than that to be honest. I might need to seek some more out this week to complete the experiment but I certainly wont be trying any more from this tube I am afraid

That's a shame, especially during this week!

You could fire an e-mail off to Lornamead and see if they'll replace it for you. I got three tubes to replace my one dodgy one. They even paid the shipping costs both ways!

For such a cheap product I was really impressed with their service.

My tube is a bit split as well, bit runny. Used it tonight dont think it was the cream but had a bad shave using an injector razor for the second time. Had a shave about 7 and my face is still sore. Need to learn the right angle and pressure on this one, ouch!

daz said:
I got the tube last year and remembered it being quite good, but tonight I found that it had split into its previous ingredients. The first few times I used it, it was great and still in a cream so I am pretty sure it wasnt a dodgy tube. It still gave an ok shave but nothing more than that to be honest. I might need to seek some more out this week to complete the experiment but I certainly wont be trying any more from this tube I am afraid

Sounds like it has cracked I sent mine back to ingrams Freeport they gave me a few in return great service

chrisbell said:
As I don't have Ingrams, I'll be trying a couple of new acquisitions this week.. Should I post my thoughts here, or would you rather I buggered off for the week?:angel::icon_razz:

PM your address and ill send you a tube as a thank you for your continued advice :)

daz said:

Try remixing it in the tube, squidge it up and down a couple of times and see if it makes a difference.

Hotel shave this morning, so I get to use the Cream of the week, which is banned indoors as the misses hates the smell of it.

Prep: Hot Shower
Cream: Ingram
Brush: Simpson Wee Scot
Razor: Gillette Bostonian
Blade: Gillette SuperThin
Balm: Barbershop Bay Rum
Cologne: Issey Mayake

I haven't used Ingram much for about 10 years due to the fact that my wife doesn't like it, but it's like an old friend as it is what I used when I first started shaving as a teenager, largely as it is what my Dad has always used.

Still as good as I remember, I face lathered with the Wee Scot and produced an excellent creamy lather, just a shame that the people that design the bathrooms in Holiday Inn still haven't worked out that you need to be able to see what you are doing, perhaps I should pack a torch in future. Why is it so dark in the bathroom? I don't need mood lighting to have a shave.

Still a good shave, and quite enjoyable.

Hiya,

Not being a menthol fan I would never use Ingrams. From what I understand it's got a real good freeze going on. And you guys like the feeling of your face being cold and numb why??? What could possibly be the attraction.

Yeah, I know I'm in the minority here once again.

Martin

Posted on SOTD Day 1

Face now recovered from the Ingram anaesthetic. Skin feels pretty regular now, just like last week's Proraso, not too dry etc.

Rising off between passes is a definite morning wake-up, I'm glad I didn't rinse in cold water, that would have blown my socks off.

Agree with Martin that I don't really see the attraction of a numb face, but I'll give it a week's worth of shaves in the name of science.

Back
Top Bottom