Beef Jerky

Hiya,

Just yesterday I was walking down an aisle in a nice upscale yet friendly grocery store and ran into some jerky on the sales racks. Actually, a lot of jerkys in various shapes and textures and flavors and ingredients and such. Probably 4 large companies to choose from and the display hooked me right in. Sheesh, I even bought one bag but have yet to open it. Man, it sure looks and feels good through the sealed plastic wrap.

Maybe 2.5 ounces or a little less for around $7 a bag, give or take $1 depending on the brand. More than one flavor got my attention and I ended up buying one made in Boulder, Co. Then there were another 5-6 other companies with less expensive items. Musta been 20 jerky related treats to choose from.

Surprised me seeing so many versions in a place like this store. Must be real popular to take up that much space in general.

Martin

I initially had it on 70c to warm up and get things going then down to 60c overnight and this is what it looks like after 12 hours. Needs a few more hours as still a little soft in the middle, i may cut them into finer strips now.

IMG_20151016_081407_1.jpg

We have bought meat from musclefood.com which we have been very happy with, I have just discovered that they do jerky and biltong. I'm gutted as my wife just placed an order yesterday and I didn't realize.

Heres a link if anyone wants to try http://track.ilikethis.com/hit.php?w=138262&s=214&c=1792&k=136&a=6217 (I will say going through this link and if you buy something I will get some revenue from it). Or you can go on www.musclefood.com (I wont get a penny)

I got no idea on the quality of the Biltong/Jerky but I know what we had in the past was top quality.

Next time we make an order i'll make sure the wife has my list to order!

Not very well... I just havent had the time to think about the Biltong dryer, my wife keeps giving me DIY jobs to do around the house. I'm hoping to do it by Christmas!

Not very well... I just havent had the time to think about the Biltong dryer, my wife keeps giving me DIY jobs to do around the house. I'm hoping to do it by Christmas!
I feel you stuart, I'm sure there will be biltong come Christmas time. Perhaos biltong in a Christmas cracker would be unique, not sure if the emissions would be hazardous though (from the cracker not biltong hopefully!)

Back
Top Bottom