Beef Jerky

But I make Biltong - this is about jerky... as any self-respecting South African will remind you - Jerky is not Biltong. Biltong is not Jerky.
I'm glad you clarified this; I was going to as the confusion was starting to rankle me. Having been raised in SouthAfrica and Rhodesia I have a deep appreciation for Biltong and boerevors; fortunately where I'm living today in Canada there is a South African butcher nearby who makes the most excellent Biltong and boerevors; I currently have 2 kilos of boerevors in the freezer. I've also found a butcher in the Southampton-area who makes excellent Biltong and boerevors eventhough he's from Kitwe, Zambia. As my wife is from Southampton, we visit the family there every year and I've been able to educate their pallets on the joys of Biltong and boerevors.

I'm glad you clarified this; I was going to as the confusion was starting to rankle me. Having been raised in SouthAfrica and Rhodesia I have a deep appreciation for Biltong and boerevors; fortunately where I'm living today in Canada there is a South African butcher nearby who makes the most excellent Biltong and boerevors; I currently have 2 kilos of boerevors in the freezer. I've also found a butcher in the Southampton-area who makes excellent Biltong and boerevors eventhough he's from Kitwe, Zambia. As my wife is from Southampton, we visit the family there every year and I've been able to educate their pallets on the joys of Biltong and boerevors.
Yes it started about Jerky but I like the idea of Biltong so its turned into more of a biltong conversation than about jerky

Carl I will PM you my source, I like to make a dry rub containing crushed; jeera, corriander seeds, fengreek, mustard seeds (flash fried), black pepper, rock salt, ginger and garlic powder.

Back
Top Bottom