Anyone using a Hone 15 DE razor?

Hello Wintoid,
Thanks for an excellent review, sorry for the slow reply. I'm glad you enjoy the razor and I have been humbled to be compared to the other brands and models you mention, its more than I could have hoped for. I am recording all of the feedback and am looking at options to make a more aggressive version. Its just me at the moment so this will take a little while to happen :) But be sure it has been noted. Many Thanks, Andrew.

This razor certainly blurs the line between 'mild' and 'aggressive' - it is so definitely mild and yet as efficient as an aggressive razor. OneBlade shares this property. I believe the Blackbird, does, too. Do we need a new category for such razors? Suggestions?

This razor certainly blurs the line between 'mild' and 'aggressive' - it is so definitely mild and yet as efficient as an aggressive razor. OneBlade shares this property. I believe the Blackbird, does, too. Do we need a new category for such razors? Suggestions?
In my head I don't use the term mild. I use
tame vs aggressive
and
inefficient vs efficient
Pick one of each
So the Hone is tame and efficient, so is the OneBlade. The R41 is aggressive and efficient, a Tech is tame and inefficient. I can't think of an example for aggressive and inefficient. Maybe a Tech with a Derby blade o_O

Yeah I'm definitely looking for more efficient, not more aggressive.

I've prepared a shim, and tried the Hone with it, but I didn't have much stubble, so not much of a test so far.

I shaved with a shimmed Feather in my Hone this morning. I'm feeling very good about this. Let's see what tomorrow's shave brings before making a definitive statement, but I'm pretty optimistic.

Can't wait to get my turn on the pass around. Currently my fave DEs are the as-d2 and PILS. Think I'm going to like it.

....kind of hope not. I'm skint!!! LOL.

Back
Top Bottom