Anyone using a Hone 15 DE razor?

This and a Mongoose are the only two razors that I've wanted to try. Ive had a Mongoose a lovely shave but a bit to big and I do like a new blade every shave so the Mongoose just wasn't for me. So now going back to DE this is perfect timing.
I had the same issue and look forward to trying this razor.

I'll bow out of that as I'm in the US. IF there would be a passaround maybe easier to keep it in the UK :)
You'd be a poor choice for that anyways. We tried to get you to do a pass-around of the Blackland Blackbird (that you got for free) and you balked at that. Once a razor enters your grasping clutches it doesn't seem to leave again.

I'll forgive you for not wanting to risk losing your (free) blackbird razor in a passaround, but don't think for a minute we'll forget. ;) We still love you, you big enabler you. :D

I'd be open to the idea of doing a pass-around with another razor for the American and Canadian folks through The Shave Den forum, with the razor being raffled off at the end, proceeds to benefit that forum. I've even ran a few pass-arounds before.

I have one of these en route. I seem to recall that I didn't go for the Kickstarter launch because of the problems and delays over the Rockwell, which had soured my rather limited experience, at that time, of KS.
Having said that, I'm still waiting for something UK from Kickstarter (NOT a razor or anything shaving-related) which was due out in October 2014. That's even worse than the post delays from the USA!

Mine has just arrived, so a few first impressions.
The packaging is first-rate, and there's also a well-presented leaflet on usage etc.
The razor is a thing of beauty, with immaculate finishing and tolerances, and very clearly machined with care. The surface finish texturing gives it grip. The other feature which I personally prefer in a razor is that the caps cover the ends of the blades, as with Ikons, Standards etc. This is a heavy razor, at 164gms on my scales.
First use will be tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to it. Just wish my IB brush had arrived to use as well (sob!).
PX301846.JPG PX301847.JPG PX301851.JPG PX301852.JPG

Last edited:
23003593863_d57ab92390_z.jpg

After a quick peek its gone back in the box until my birthday in January - though SWMBO is bewildered why I need "yet another razor" as "Surely you just put a blade in it and shave"

Women - tch - [rolls eyes]

A few days ago I saw for causality the youtube video review of Hone Type 15. I love the design of this razor. I contact to @Hone and I bought one unit with one travel leather case. I have received the package now but I can not open it until tomorrow because I am not in my house. I really want to shave with this machine.

Hi everyone great to read all the posts. Yes the kick-starter campaign... well I shall optimistically chalk it up as character building, it was fun and good learning but with hindsight it was not the right platform for this product. I didn't reach the funding, so instead threw caution out the window and self funded, working every evening on top of my day job as an Industrial Designer to make it a reality.

Its great to finally see people enjoying and liking the product.

I have received the package now but I can not open it until tomorrow because I am not in my house. I really want to shave with this machine.
Hope you like the case too. They are hand made in the UK by a great guy called Carl Morgan, he uses lovely leather that will age beautifully.

It's an extremely good razor which, despite the weight, is well-balanced and easy to use, with a light touch. I've used it for the second day running and, like any new razor, needed to take a bit of care to get the right angle(s) to suit my fizzog, beard pattern and also avoid wrecking my handlebar. I've managed a 3-pass without any mishaps (my new IB barber handle Plissoft, Rubie and L'Occitane hard soap).
I'm very pleased with it.

Father Ted, with all do respect you have incredible will power. When mine arrives regardless of the time or day I am shaving on the spot:)
TBH, I have the Fatip Gentile and the Ssseygus production razors to be going on with for now. And my birthday is only just into the New Year (as a Kid I got the "oh but its so much bigger a present than if it was just a Christmas / Birthday present") so I can wait for it.

Besides, I know where it is kept and I might still sneak a crafty shave from it when SWMBO is out....

Hope you like the case too. They are hand made in the UK by a great guy called Carl Morgan, he uses lovely leather that will age beautifully.
Hello Andrew,

Yesterday I could open the package and take my Hone Type 15. It is a safety razor very beautiful and very well made. The first thing that caught my attention was the weight.

Today I shaved with it and I liked it. I used a razor blade Gillette Silver Blue, I felt much the blade on the skin but it has not cut me and I have got a good shave.

The leather case is also fantastic.

533a3791e00e0f00d5b1c3e10290c7d3.jpg

Congratulations to Carl Morgan and you.

Back
Top Bottom