Acquisitions - week Feb. 28th to Mar. 6th incl.

A few more packages from the postie this morning :D

All I know is it is very light, on the back of the head has an s on one side of where the handle attaches and and E on the other side, and says between the 2 parts of the head made in england
Razors001.jpg

Razors005.jpg

Razors006.jpg

A nice little Tech Ballend, virtually the same as My gold one
Razors008.jpg

Razors009.jpg

This is my superspeed I beleive? has A4 markings so think this makes it 1955? is this the same as the red tips etc that I have seen mentioned? if so what does the lack of colour mean?
Razors011.jpg

Razors013.jpg

I had 2 other arrivals to the Red Man-U brush - seems to be a lot harder than the w/sword and the mini from Professor Blighty, will try that on my next shave. The other package was a bottle of Applewood Balm from Professor Blighty - thank you :D - what a great smell, really fresh, think this one wins over the grapewood I received the other day.
Razors029.jpg

And one last picture just to really bore you all
My collection of razors and brushes soo far, not bad for just under 2 weeks :D
Razors025edit.jpg

Received today:

Prof Blighty's Lemon Cream and AS. They smell blinding.

I also had a sample of his B&W Lotion because i too am a cheeky git :D

As usual with Martin, a blindingly efficient service and a delight to buy from. Thanks.

Canadian-made Gillette Tech from that marvel of a bloke, Frenchie.

Absolutely the best packaging job I have ever seen.
    • Almost frighteningly reminiscent of a specimen butterfly pinned to a cork-board ...
        • - completely fixed in place, yet held in a way that draws the voyeuristic, questing eye into the displayed items most exquisitely vulnerable secrets which cannot be concealed anymore ... er, well ... never mind all of um, that ...[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
            • *cough*[/list:u][/list:u]
              • Excellent packaging - right.[/list:u]
                        • ... and with a cheery-purple card of salutation.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

All the way from the Pacific North West, courtesy of a trade with Robert O. who is a true star :)

dsc00750ba.jpg

The soap and blade were a surprise. :eek:

I showed my son the blade and told him, if he promises to wipe my arse when I am in my dotage and incapable of doing it myself (or just can't be bothered :? ), I will give him a Rocket and that blade !!! :shock: ;)

today, the postie brought me:

1 tube of speick A/S cream
1 tube of nivea A/S cream
both from a nice chap in Latvia

500ml :shock: bottle of Trumpers extract of lime aftershave*
extract of lime shampoo
extract of lime 'body scrub'
GFT shampoo

* - I originally looked at the 100ml of lime aftershave and said to myself "you do like it and it works out cheaper per ml if you get the 200ml bottle" I then saw the 500ml bottle and said to myself "you do like it and it works out even cheaper if you buy the 500ml bottle"

I shall mostly be smelling of lime for a while methinks :lol:

Urban Hermit said:
Canadian-made Gillette Tech from that marvel of a bloke, Frenchie.

Absolutely the best packaging job I have ever seen.
    • Almost frighteningly reminiscent of a specimen butterfly pinned to a cork-board ...
        • - completely fixed in place, yet held in a way that draws the voyeuristic, questing eye into the displayed items most exquisitely vulnerable secrets which cannot be concealed anymore ... er, well ... never mind all of um, that ...[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
            • *cough*[/list:u][/list:u]
              • Excellent packaging - right.[/list:u]
                        • ... and with a cheery-purple card of salutation.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

• I do go all the way on packaging, don't I :D
                          My opinion is that I package the way I'd like to receive stuff, and I'm a bit OCD :p

Glad you like it!

Max

After having been oot & aboot a wee bit, today I have also acquired:

• From Savers:
      • - Bowl of Erasmic shave soap
        - x4 300ml bowls of Athena Beauté peach kernel shrapnel body scrub for all types of skin that like to be slowly grated off of the flesh. For 59p each they will make good bowls for transferring other soaps/creams etc into.
        • ... and, I won't feel too bad about chucking out the exfoliation crud if it's crappy[/list:u]
          - Bottle of CarePlus distilled Witch Hazel, as the other one is nigh empty
          - Small travel/sample sized plastic jars (3 in the pack)[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Oh, and yesterday, I passed on the Tres Clavelles brush I ordered (from Gifts&Care.com), for one of our 'silent' local members, and he returned the big red Omega Pro49 I had lent to him when he was starting out. I'd almost forgotten how nice a brush that giant is.

FrenchBlade said:
          I do go all the way on packaging, don't I :D
          My opinion is that I package the way I'd like to receive stuff, and I'm a bit OCD :p

Glad you like it!

Max

It was totally faboo, Max; made my day a bit brighter.
            • Cheers again.[/list:u][/list:u]

"Febrique en Ecosse"

"Made in Scotland"

Out on a short walk this evening, stressed again from work for no reason really (it is unbelievable how terrible line management is here) :evil:

So a couple of acquisitions:

- Old Spice Whitewater;
- A Scottish soap "Classic Male Grooming" with its corresponding balm, very nice packaging by the way;
- A German organic shave cream "Lavera" with its corresponding balm as well.

Does anyone know this brand, apparently from Falkirk?
Is it the same as that soap lagaffe, Slow and few others bought some months back half price from Amazon.co.uk?

Show more

Show more

Show more

Re: "Febrique en Ecosse"

N_Architect said:
"Made in Scotland"

Out on a short walk this evening, stressed again from work for no reason really (it is unbelievable how terrible line management is here) :evil:

So a couple of acquisitions:

- Old Spice Whitewater;
- A Scottish soap "Classic Male Grooming" with its corresponding balm, very nice packaging by the way;
- A German organic shave cream "Lavera" with its corresponding balm as well.

Does anyone know this brand, apparently from Falkirk?
Is it the same as that soap lagaffe, Slow and few others bought some months back half price from Amazon.co.uk?

Show more

Show more

Show more

Yup, I got one at the same time........... ;)

Been a good 10 days or so for me! Didn't have photos before and most of this arrived this week so still counts!

5498012106_2a700c0e2d.jpg

From Executive Shaving Fitjar Neroli cream and balm and a Merkur travel razor. Exceptional service again from Exec can't recommend tham highly enough!

5497420005_927e3b0a8b.jpg

2 very different Semogues. The SOC 2 band is a monster in size!

5498021476_6d8ee45cbc.jpg

For size comparison next to Fidos New Forest 2221 High Mountain

5498022904_6f89bdcfff.jpg

My favourite cream so far.......

5497423219_368a3a70b0.jpg

A Semogue 1305 Boar Brush and a block of 444 alum from our good friend Leon

Not tried the brush yet but have given it some dummy runs in the bowl with varying results. Will try it later today ;)

Back
Top Bottom