Acquisitions - week Feb. 28th to Mar. 6th incl.

Postie just came with a big pile of bills :0( off he went and I got all deflated.

a few mins later he returned, forgot to bring a package for me, signed for it and ripped it open wondering which of my purchases or even pif's it could be....
Gillette DE safety travel razor 1972
Gillette super speed DE razor A4 1955
Gold Russian Gillette Tech
Gillette Tech Ball end
Merkur 38C (wouldn't be this as its on hold till payday)
Cream, Balm and Splash from Prof Blighty
Men-U pure bristle shaving brush
Xtra Close Aftershave Balm
The Blades PIF
The Group Buy Soap (didn't think it would be this one)

Anyway I'm sitting there stuck on the sofa, the wife steals my crutches and puts the package on the floor in the hall so I can see it but not reach it - COW.

Manage to get up and hop to it, slump on the stairs and rip it open to a very refreshing smell.

Arrived was my Cream, Balm and Splash from Proffessor Blighty, I had PM'd him with a brief description of what I like/don't like and what scents I have used in the past and left the choice upto him on what to send me, I opened the box and and pulled out 3 items marked with 'Grapewood', this is a nice fresh fruity scent. The bays description says "Grapewood is a brand new fragrance which has top notes of Grapefruit, followed by Violets and Lavender, and then Sandalwood and Black Pepper." I personnly cannot smell the Lavender but this is a good thing as I don't like lavender. at first I was thinking their was an underlying smell of tea tree, now I have seen the scent list I would say this was the sandalwood. Its not a manly smell for all the studs out there but its not a femanine smell for those that are intouch with the other side either, its a nice refreshing spring morning unisex scent. :p

Proffessor Blighty I am very happy with the choice you have sent me and look forward to having a shave :shave using them in the morning :0 and once done will give a noobs review in the relevent sections.

Thank you :0)

wonder what wonders the postie will bring tomorrow :D

Received a MWF refill (just in case, you never know when you might run out), and a couple of packs of Wilki blades from Vinny.

Brilliant service from the fella – thanks!

Lipsy

quattrojames said:
HD Rocket from BST.

Will use it and take some pictures tomorrow ;)

None of my razors are really minters, but they're all good condition shaver grades which I'm more than happy with as I only ever buy them to use them.

HD1.jpg

HD2.jpg

Here it is with my Flair Tip and Fatboy by way of size comparison (it was a sunny with good light and I had a spare 10 mins to play with the camera!)

HD3.jpg

Ordered this Muhle R41 from Paul @ Connaught on Sunday night - arrived this morning.
Next to it on the first pic is my Merkur 38c barbers pole - quite a difference in curvature and blade gap.
Will try to do a review once i've got used to it
Mand

Attachments

• DSLR0005.JPG
    361 bytes · Views: 82
  • DSLR0007.JPG
    361 bytes · Views: 82
Thanks guys (Dipesh, James, Tony, Mikael, etc.)

As you know I've been getting a few soaps and stuff but at some stage realized that I had left the 'brushes' section pretty well behind. There needs to be a good balance.
So, yes, I decided to get a couple of good ones and stick with them.

I never knew what it feels to have a really good brush, but now that I got the Shavemac and shaved with it this am, I can tell you it leaves far behind all the brushes I have in my den.

The scuttle is here, it's the SWK XL, the same one (size and colour) that Chimensch uses in his YouTube video; I'll post pics later as the box is here on my office desk right now but if I take it out and start the photo shoot, everyone will start staring and I wouldn't like that very much. ;)

Brush is:

HANDMADE KNOT
Extra Silver Tip Quality D01
2 Band Version
Extra short loft

Model SB1-167-26-2B
Knot 26mm
Black colour
Loft 50mm
Handle height 53mm
Handle dia. 42mm
Initials on bottom

Approx Eur 175.00 incl. 5-days FedEx delivery from Germany but very well worth it. :D

Bumper day today,

DE Sample pack from Connaught
KOS Prime face scrub
The Profs black and White and natural A

All with pretty much next day delivery.

The profs a great fells to deal with, I'm looking forward to trying the black and White although I'm very much on the fence with the scent at the moment.

Thank you, yes, good health is most important (with scuttle or without).

For the history, the XL scuttle was in stock (readily available - not custom model) and cost Eur 84 incl. delivery (did not take more than 4-5 working days to arrive).

Some of these modern scuttles are very nice. I look at scuttles like the SWK and almost wish that I didn't face lather.

That's very nice, K.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom