Acquisitions - week Feb. 28th to Mar. 6th incl.

moodymick said:
Parwin said:
Notification of redundancy.

Must be something in the air.

Not much chance of getting a new job at my age. Was thinking of donating my body to science if they would make a decent upfront payment. :lol:

The first tranche of our hands up who wants to jump ship? quota comes out tomorrow.

Will they get more volunteers than they need? Probably.

Will they be the right volunteers? Probably not.

Will some people be carried out kicking and screaming? Yup!

They're offering packages at our place but to all the wrong people. For two years' salary I'd be out the door laughing my cock off before the cheque had cleared.

Just about everyone I work with has said the same thing.

RB73 said:
moodymick said:
Parwin said:
Notification of redundancy.

Must be something in the air.

Not much chance of getting a new job at my age. Was thinking of donating my body to science if they would make a decent upfront payment. :lol:

The first tranche of our hands up who wants to jump ship? quota comes out tomorrow.

Will they get more volunteers than they need? Probably.

Will they be the right volunteers? Probably not.

Will some people be carried out kicking and screaming? Yup!

Good luck with everything involved with that fella, went through the "options for change in the early 90's" and change it bloody did :evil: .

Not one to quote Max Boyce often, but Options for Change? I was there!! The hot poop this afternoon was that Marham on their scrolling news had an announcement that the announcement tomorrow ( :? ) was postponed.

So in the words of Toyah....... It's a Myftery, oh it's a myftery!!! - another blinding winner from the M*D :roll:

We had our announcement last week, turns out it's not going to be to bad for us and my trade group is undermanned (we got increased in the review) so arn't getting any redundancies. Mixed blessing says I.

joe mcclaine said:
Blades said:
Ids said:
And just bought a proglide
Pricey they are..maybe 3-4 shaves

I have posted on here before that I have at least a month's worth of daily face and twice-a-week head shaves from a single cartridge.

Either your skins so thick 'n' hard Vinny, or your bum fluff is so so soft ;)

moodymick said:
Either your skins so thick 'n' hard Vinny, or your bum fluff is so so soft ;)

That's a fair comment - my bum fluff is so fine and widely spaced that if it's windy out I don't even bother to shave. :)

Hiya,

Got the Kirby today, sent out by Max last week. He was nice enough to find this little beauty for me after I'd asked him about one. Fast shipping, well packed, and he even tossed in some Monsavon and a pack of blades I'd wanted to sample.

The razor's in good shape,and I found an extra silver blade case that matches up with the one in the razor box. I'm very pleased with how this deal turned out. Thanks to Max for helping to make this goofy 'hobby' even more fun for me

Martin

Attachments

• Kirby recent 002.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 27
  • Kirby recent 001.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 27
Shavemac D01 two band custom, 26mm knot.
Fitjar Fjellheim shave cream.
Fitjar Neroli after shave cream.
Fitjar Folgefonn after shave balm.

IMG_1909.jpg

IMG_1908.jpg

The Neroli after shave cream smells lovely, the Fjellheim shave cream preliminarily feels pretty woodsy and less piney (first impression only, no shave yet).
The Shavemac is indeed a very hard brush, should need a number of good soap runs to become a tad softer. Its handle size feels close to perfect, though. :D

Further rumors indicate that a large scuttle (from a European manufacturer whose name is pretty long and also starts with an "S") is also on its way...

Bad week for some with respect to employment, stay on it guys, we live on turbulent times. The grass next door may not necessarily be greener, however even during turbulence there are opportunities being created. ;)

Back
Top Bottom