A motor cycle for a mature gentleman - don't laugh!

Thanks for the advice. I went out this morning and received a few comparables. Waited for them to call- nothing. I called twice and only reached his voice mail. Left a message. See what happens on Tuesday.
Lesson learned- no matter the value of the bike always have collision coverage. I would have been able to claim on my insurance and then the two companies could have fought it out. Could have saved me 3 months of my time and trouble.

[attachment=8082] ...ED

Not good. The rental Co. Has a firm that evaluates vehicle worth. While the damage was estimated at 2000$ they evaluated the scooter at 600$ they won't go over the current value for damages. Doesn't matter that there are no comparables to buy in the area.
Have to see where I go from here!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375299186.782587.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375299186.782587.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 37
Just had a run out to Salisbury to take a look at their £3 million plus repaving scheme. Decision to use Chinese granite has caused a fuss. Looked OK to me.

Nice run for the Guzzi, not much traffic and plenty of sweeping bends. All taken within the speed limits.

Seems a long time since I thought about returning to motorcycling. Now on my third bike and about to pass 7000 miles. A lot of it through the wonderful scenery of the New Forest. Furthest north is still The Gentlemans Shop in Hungerford. And, fingers crossed, each bike has delivered trouble free performance.

Model? Will you repair/restore yourself? I so admire those who can. My limit is checking tyres and oil and cleaning. I don't even have to bother with chain maintenance now with the Guzzi having a drive shaft.

Its a CB650 Nighthawk, its American spec and looks a lot worse than the photo above (which was taken in 2007 when it was running) .
It will be (slowly) restored by myself and my lad who starts a spanner monkey course at college in September. The priority is to get the thing running and reving (it will turn over, run but not rev) and then slowly strip it back and refurbish the bits that need refurbishing before an MOT next spring time hopefully.
Paintwork will be left pretty much as is, though I dont really liike the blue and would prefer red.

Fido, When I was instructing in the hotter days I wore a "Tea Bag" as they became known. It's a mesh jacket with all the armour in place. Even used it on a few continental trips. I think most of the clothing superstores do something similar.

It went down to 7C last nite here, and still no decision on a new bike. Out of the blue my wife asked If I was going to get the old Vespa back on the road. She said she'd might want to ride it(???) . Not sure where that idea came from. Might just take the insurance money and get that one road ready.
Looks like an early autumn here.

I eventually got round to sorting out a hot weather jacket:

This one:

http://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/product/ixon-alloy-mesh-jacket/3485

It's light and comfortable yet gives some protection. Perfect for the odd few miles on balmy summer evenings - and we are still getting a few.

Father Ted said:
Its a CB650 Nighthawk, its American spec and looks a lot worse than the photo above (which was taken in 2007 when it was running) .
Interesting! I thought all the US Nighthawks had a single front disc?

That's going to keep you busy building in winter, and hopefully make for a classic ride next spring! :)

(since I ride through the winter nowadays, I am set on modern bikes ... but I love the classics)

Back
Top Bottom