Closed 3 Gillette Adjustables donation and PASS AROUND

Well last night, I played with the fatboy! How dissapointed was I! After reading all the reviews and opinions of Fatboys I was really looking forward to my shave, I took the personna out of the slim and put the adjuster of the fatboy to number 3, tightened everything up, lathered up with the Mitchells, put the fatboy on my cheek, set the handle pulled it down my face and nothing! the only thing that moved was the lather, must be me I thought, set the adjuster to 5 have tried again, same result! so being a little tight on time I shaved with my SS black tip. I will try the fatboy again this evening and were see, but so far not happy!

THAT FATBOY TRIED TO HURT ME!

And he succeeded! After last nights fiasco, thought I'd give the fatboy a fair chance, so put in a brand new 7 o'clock yellow, well it now looked like I've self harmed lol, cuts and a sore neck aside that was a very close shave, maybe I should have dialled it down to 3 instead of leaving it on 5, oh well everyday's a school day, I know now! I'll try again on Wednesday, with the dial down to 3 or maybe 2!

lesed said:

And he succeeded! After last nights fiasco, thought I'd give the fatboy a fair chance, so put in a brand new 7 o'clock yellow, well it now looked like I've self harmed lol, cuts and a sore neck aside that was a very close shave, maybe I should have dialled it down to 3 instead of leaving it on 5, oh well everyday's a school day, I know now! I'll try again on Wednesday, with the dial down to 3 or maybe 2!

Good on you LESED. It's just blood and leather but you may want to try "The Boy" with a Feather; they were sent to use so have at em. Remarkable how that combination works so well. Sounds like you can hardly wait for your beard to grow out --- LOL :icon_biggrin:

ajc347 said:
Could I be added to the list as well please.

Many thanks. :)

AJC347: You are on the list :icon_razz:

Try that fatboy on a 9 with a supermax blade.
works for me really close irritation free shave

Robert Otten said:
lesed said:

Good on you LESED. It's just blood and leather but you may want to try "The Boy" with a Feather; they were sent to use so have at em. Remarkable how that combination works so well. Sounds like you can hardly wait for your beard to grow out --- LOL :icon_biggrin:

ajc347 said:
Could I be added to the list as well please.

Many thanks. :)

AJC347: You are on the list :icon_razz:

Took the Fatboy for a spin again tonight, set to No2, wow! what a shave :icon_razz: BBS in two passes and a bit of touching up:blush:,, we are now friends. :icon_razz: Shame he's making way for the long handled slim, but will use him again before I pack him off!

lesed said:
Took the Fatboy for a spin again tonight, set to No2, wow! what a shave :icon_razz: BBS in two passes and a bit of touching up:blush:,, we are now friends. :icon_razz: Shame he's making way for the long handled slim, but will use him again before I pack him off!

Hi there,

Glad to hear you sorted out the slight initial problem. Yeah, those are my very favorite razors of any I've ever used. It's mostly because of the head design....more rounded than the slim and super types. As Robert mentioned, spend some time with that thing and do use the Feather blade he provided. You may find that razor will tame the blade nicely. The Gillette yellow one (SharpEdge?) you have in there now is also a nice blade, and you may find the Iridium to be very smiliar.

Martin

Update time, last night I started on the long handled one, statrted on No3, damm fine shave! 7 o'clock yellow as always (my go to blade) very very immpressive and a very pretty razor IMHO, might have to buy me a long handled one, also today my adjustable slim arrived a very clean K1(my birth year) cant wait to try it!!!

Could the next person on the list please PM me there address, so I can send the boys on their way, I have enjoyed having them with me for a little while and a massive thanks to Robert for allowing me the oppotunity to try them without being rushed

Back
Top Bottom