Closed 3 Gillette Adjustables donation and PASS AROUND

tsrtrio.jpg

Good Morning Buckaroos:

I'm gonna try to keep my intro to this topic as brief as possible because I have to get to bed (Tuesday evening). You'll be waking to this post if you check the forum before you're off to work - so good luck for number one of 10 positions. If you want to try them all at one go read on. A picture is worth a thousand words so go ahead, I'll wait ....

After discussing with Boab and Trainman (Dave) I have arranged logistics to forward deploy to England and beyond a slim, fat boy and super long adjustables.

Slim H2, Fatboy E4 and SA Long P1
10 Iridiums 10 Feathers

Looks like the pass around offers so far are working and as Martin has stated, he doesn't expect to see the Fatboy again. It's the postage cost of back and forth. So I want to offer to you, if your are so inclined, to test drive 3 of Gillette's adjustables. Just what does one have to compare these to but pictures and posts from fellow shavers who have tried them. And you must admit- it will be one kick in the pants to try all three in a row. 1st pass this razor and 2nd pass that one. I digress.

I also wanted to give you a chance to try the famous blades I've enclosed and then you are on your own. Try one or both. Remember the next guy in line. After the run of 10 names, I would appreciate the last person to send these back to Boab, to be considered a contribution to the TSR Razor Lending Pool (RLP); he has agreed to hold them. A member in good standing will always be able to try one, two or all three adjustables; TSR Trio if you will. Once these arrive in England it will be cheaper to post them there and less time consuming to boot. I say the first ten names because then we don't have to monitor the whereabouts. I have to send Trainman a package soon; all the way to Birmingham. I'll mail these off to him and then he said he would distribute to the first person on the list and it can go from there. We can form the list here at TSR. Just as Martin did with the Fat Boy that's going around.

I hope you Gentlemen have as much fun using them as I did getting this offering together. The old Fat Boy is worn and a very good shaver. I brought it camping and hiking. I cleaned them all up, soaked in alcohol, jewelry cleaner etc. Get ready --- Go.

All the best from the Pacific Northwest, Robert

49er said:
Excellent offer. Count me in. I have been mulling the idea of a slim for months. Now I can find out for sure.

Many thanks.

Greetings 49er:

You are the first to respond. I'll package tonight and mail off to Trainman in Birmingham. Allow 6-10 days to cross the Atlantic. Please PM Trainman your snail mail address so he can make arrangements. This will give you an opportunity to try all three razors and with your blades as well, so let the forum know how you got along. You'll be the first to post on SOTD I suppose. Have fun!

Regards, Robert

TSR TRIO LIST
1. 49er
2. LESED
3. jon_hall
4. Wellboy
5. AJC347
6. BillyHoyle
7. Tuftey

Updated 12 June 1730 Pacific. Hello Wellboy. Now you can try all three together and see what trips your Trigger. Regards, Robert

Man, that's an opportunity you don't see every day,

Being able to directly compare each razor's performance is gonna help lots of members figure out which of the three is the best fit for them. They each have their charms and some are on the subtle side. Sometimes it can take 2-3 shaves to unlock their secrets because of any technique tweaks needed because of weight, balance, and head design.

Jeeez Robert, you even included the two blades that really should be tried by almost everyone at some point. I love the Feather in a Fatboy, but not in a Slim. Weird eh? The Iridium's been my go to blade for about three years now, but they're tough to find as many members know.

You realise what you've done Robert? Because of you, countless monkeys are gonna be deposed and homeless. Yep, they'll be hopping off member's backs like.....hopping monkeys. Very noble gesture to make those pesky things give up their places.

Martin

Well I dunno QJ, Trainman and Dodgy; it's kinda spooky - silent. Did I do or say something right?

On the other hand, 49er's got to be lovin it. Because we agreed the last person would mail them to Boab when he was done with them. Meaning if 49er was never done with them he wouldn't have to send them on to Boab. Brilliant. What a great deal for him. Hang in there 49er, they're getting packaged. The rest of the guys must be going back to bed.

Cheers, Robert

Dear Robert,
this is very cool. Especially as prices on some of these razors may put them out of reach right now.
I think this is what makes TSR quite unique.
A loy of LUUUUURVE going round :D
Cheers,
Tim.

Robert Otten said:
Well I dunno QJ, Trainman and Dodgy; it's kinda spooky - silent. Did I do or say something right?

On the other hand, 49er's got to be lovin it. Because we agreed the last person would mail them to Boab when he was done with them. Meaning if 49er was never done with them he wouldn't have to send them on to Boab. Brilliant. What a great deal for him. Hang in there 49er, they're getting packaged. The rest of the guys must be going back to bed.

Cheers, Robert

Oh. You saw through my cunning plan. :(

What's doin Robert,

Yeah, I'm a little surprised more people haven't signed up yet. Maybe if you offer to include ten packages of Twinkies in the deal? Yeah, that might be enough to get em on the list.

Actually, there hasn't been all that many members who posted on the Fatboy list, and that was maybe three weeks ago. I'm sure there's gonna be others down the road, but still I was a little surprised. I think it's because of few reasons, and those apply here as well.

Many of the more experienced members may have already tried a few of those types you're offering up. Some may just not be interested in trying an adjustable for whatever the reason. Plus, this forum isn't the largest one and doesn't have quite the same amount of new members joining. It's not a bad thing, but it's a reason that makes sense. Heh, I can imagine the feeding frenzy if you posted this thread on another forum I'm thinking of. Man.........you'd need to put more blades in the package.

I think what'll happen is your trio will be on the road for a good while before finally ending up being stored in Boab's lending arsenal. It's too good a deal for the chain to be broken early.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom