Closed 3 Gillette Adjustables donation and PASS AROUND

Sort of like "build it and they'll come" ... I'm from Heaven (Iowa). The word will get out. It will take some days to get the TSR Trio across the pond so the members will start to notice in a few or whenever 49er does SOTD.

As for 49er, I received PM from re94, 4e9r, er49 and other combinations. Where is this Gatwick Airport area? Treachery and Cunning overcome Youth and Vigor. He is a slickster.

We're up to 3 now. Y'all have a wonderful evening. R/Robert

Robert Otten said:
Sort of like "build it and they'll come" ... I'm from Heaven (Iowa). The word will get out. It will take some days to get the TSR Trio across the pond so the members will start to notice in a few or whenever 49er does SOTD.

As for 49er, I received PM from re94, 4e9r, er49 and other combinations. Where is this Gatwick Airport area? Treachery and Cunning overcome Youth and Vigor. He is a slickster.

We're up to 3 now. Y'all have a wonderful evening. R/Robert

I am worried that an American would not recognise the soubriquet of San Francisco's football team. May you be forgiven!

Sorry 49er, I'm a Bears fan. We hide behind trees and wait for that 49er team to march down muddy roads with thick dense timber on both sides, 6 abreast --- always works.

Gentlemen: I just returned from town and completed my task to mail off the TSR Adjustable Razor Trio. Communicated with Trainman (Dave) and he's been in contact with 49er. Mailed June 11 so start the clocks 6-10 days to Birmingham. The package I sent to Dave if 5 oz more would have been an even 5 pounds and cost me $45.50 with insurance (that's pretty close to the price of the Tubby I talked myself out of). This package of course is the weight of those razors and other products I've traded with Trainman. The postage and risk of a loss is prohibitive to move the items back and forth stateside so that is why they will remain over their in the TSR razor lending pool. I have had no problems with our postal system so far; we'll see. Hope you all enjoy the tryouts. Fight amoung yourselves on how long one person should keep the razors for a run out --- 2 weeks? After the last person, shout out and if no one wants, ship to Boab.

Martin is right. Some members may only want to try individual ones so expect the the Trio to break up eventually (cheaper postage) as people select. I request your SOTD photos along with something of what you discovered about the Trio. Regards, Robert

I have received word that the 3 Gillette Adjustable Razors have arrived in England (7 days travel). 49er notified Trainman that he would be on travel next week and that to let the next person in line step up. When 49er returns from travel he'll become the next user. We only have 4 people on the list.

LESED please forward your surface mail address to Trainman so he can prep the package and get these razors off to you just in time for the 4th of July weekend celebration .... or some other celebration.

Beautiful weather here today gentlemen; enjoy your weekend.

Regards, Robert

Robert Otten said:
I have received word that the 3 Gillette Adjustable Razors have arrived in England (7 days travel). 49er notified Trainman that he would be on travel next week and that to let the next person in line step up. When 49er returns from travel he'll become the next user. We only have 4 people on the list.

LESED please forward your surface mail address to Trainman so he can prep the package and get these razors off to you just in time for the 4th of July weekend celebration .... or some other celebration.

Beautiful weather here today gentlemen; enjoy your weekend.

Regards, Robert

Peeing with rain here.

Ahhhh, a little bit of liquid sunshine eh? Familiar with that here in the PACNORWEST. We don't get many sunny days --- I'm gonna break out my Secret Santa Christmas present of peppermint shaving cream tonight ----- after the hot tub. Have a safe trip . R/Robert

Just to let you know, the razors arrived safely at mine this morning, and its shave day anyway, am gonna start with the Slim, then the Fatboy and lastly the long handled slim:p I have a question though: How long is it ok to keep them for :s, because I want to try them all properly? ie 2-3 shaves with each. Also if the next person on the list could PM me their address, so when I have to reluctently send the razors on their way :mad:, I know who and where to send them

Can't see an issue with a few weeks personally. For me i reckon i could do it in a week or so as i shave every day and twice a day at weekends.

Enjoy them mate and then send them on.

I make it now as follows

1. 49er
2. jon_hall
3. Wellboy
4. ajc347

As long as 49er is back from his travels...

Hey Guys, just found the key to get back into TSR. Quick response is that you have a good point. We are dealing with a very short list and if everyone is agreeable with taking a few weeks then why not? Opportunity knocks ...

Trainman (Dave): Thanks for taking care of the mailing. Looks like it's a go now. 49er has gone Stealth on us.

All is quiet on the Pacific Northwestern Front. Now back to the forum and some catch up to do. Regards, Robert

jon_hall said:
I'd go as far as saying a month with the lack of people on the list, purely so they could use each for a week and then retry the last week?

Yep, know what you mean J_H. The beauty of it is that there's a short list to work with and people seem agreeable on this forum; offer the suggestion to the other members signed up. How's the slim workin for ya?

Just thought I'd do a quick update, I have now shaved twice with the Slim adjustable first shave on No3 and the second on No5, what an excellent shave both times, I'm suitably impressed, tonight am gonna play with the fatboy!

Back
Top Bottom