What's your favourite razor?

mattlad said:
I'm still relatively new to DE shaving, and I only have three razors at the moment:-

A Bluebeards Revenge Scimitar,

A Merkur Futur

And a Merkur 39C Slantbar.

I find that the Scimitar is quite gentle and very good for shaving just under my nose.

As for my favourite it is a toss up between the two Merkur razors.

In the light of almost another months experience I am not so keen on on the Merkur Futur but the Slantbar seems to be the razor of choice more often than not.

I have now acquired a Goodfella Satin Black which seems a little mild but it is very good for beard reduction on the first pass, and then I go to the Slantbar to get that BBS finish :shave ;)

I'm getting used to the Goodfella razor now, it seems to have a very narrow "sweet spot", get it right and it does give a very close shave. It's not as mild as I first thought!

It also seems to do a very good job of protecting oneself from cuts, nicks and razor burn if you do not get the angle right. A very safe safety razor then.

Is it my favourite? Not sure.......... I'll make my mind up one day!
a38c8dafe1dff3c57b46007df333be62.jpg

Well kinda new to all this but
My fav DE has to be the Gillette Tech Ball End I was sent by Blades (first ever) despite trying others
Se wise just love the ever ready 1912, for an easy shave my hand hovers above the ball end and the 1912
Only have the one Shavette a Dovo, and loving that despite all the cuts
straight well not tried one yet but hopfully the kropp I have winging its way to neil for a refurb

BUT if all else fails

Gillette Fusion Power ;)

Tonight I dusted off my Bluebeards Revenge Scimitar, what a lovely razor! I think it is my new number one. Just a nice simple razor, no gimmicks, lovely to hold and easy to use!

My top three so far...

Ikon open comb
Feather AS-D1
Gillette Slim Adjustable

Trying to pick a favourite between these is tricky - they offer different things. The Gillette is just so easy to use, I love the heft and closeness of the iKon, and the class and "dignity" of the Feather. I think of the Slim as a good holiday razor for some reason...

Same head as the de89 btw.

Favourite err no idea, im at a total loss there. I mean i can get a good shave from most razors, but none i've tried feel like 'my' razor if that makes sense.

Id like to try a fatboy or better a toggle/slim, but i have a feeling a new improved or bostonian will be my razor of choice, for now im still looking.

Brushes however i just love my little tubby 1, don't think i'll find one better without spending quite a bit id imagine.

mattlad said:
Tonight I dusted off my Bluebeards Revenge Scimitar, what a lovely razor! I think it is my new number one. Just a nice simple razor, no gimmicks, lovely to hold and easy to use!

Back
Top Bottom