What's your favourite razor?

Hoffritz slant other have tryed to knock it of it's perch but failed by a country mile!!!

Lets see if the Merkur progress can when it arrives!

sunburyboy93 said:
Like alot of the Chaps on here, i have quite a collection of Razors, from very expensive to cheap and cheerful, but my favourite Razor after all this time is a Single Edge Ever Ready, (Futur, and then Edwin Jagger DE87 coming second and third)

images

I find they give a far closer shave than most DE Razors, and they are easier to handle, have a nice weight, and less of a learning curve in regards to getting the "Angle Of Attack" right on the Face, and the sound when cutting is great, the Razor seems to sing !! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Not to say thet i don't like my DE Razors, because i really do, just find now that more often i am using a SE instead, not everyones cup of tea but if you have not tried one, PLEASE DO...

:D

I have to agree with sunbury. I love my Ever Ready. It gives the closest and smoothest shave going.

In terms of favourite performance slim adjustable. Merkur 38r is gorgeous and just right on most blades I have tried with it but I like being able to adjust the exposure and that is the only razor I have that can do that.

Yet...

Currently it's a toss up between a Fatboy and a Gillette long comb NEW #88, with the Fatboy probably edging it. Like others here, there's several that I've got but have never tried including a couple of SEs. Note to self, give one of them a go, what's the point of having them otherwise!

My birthdate Slim is the best I've tried. One of the worst, for me anyhow, The Fatboy. I so, so wanted to love it, and I still think it is aesthetically the most pleasing razor. Just didn't work for me.

Regards

DEs: Edwin Jagger DE87, Gillette HD Rocket, Merkur 34c HD

Others: Feather Artist Club (folding), Gillette Sensor, Gillette Guard

It's currently a tie between my Red tip and Merkur slant 37c.

It will be interesting to see if this changes as I try more DEs. And then of course there is the journey into SEs, with the Ever Ready 1912 and Schick Injector Golden 500 that are sitting in the drawer waiting to be tried out :)

Jos

DE: Edwin Jagger DE89
SE: Ever Ready 1912
Str8: Kropp 6/8 round point.

Of all the Ever Ready is the most effective, the best shave I get is WTG then XTG with any of my straights followed by an ATG pass and buff with the Ever Ready.

sunburyboy93 said:
Like alot of the Chaps on here, i have quite a collection of Razors, from very expensive to cheap and cheerful, but my favourite Razor after all this time is a Single Edge Ever Ready, (Futur, and then Edwin Jagger DE87 coming second and third)

images

I find they give a far closer shave than most DE Razors, and they are easier to handle, have a nice weight, and less of a learning curve in regards to getting the "Angle Of Attack" right on the Face, and the sound when cutting is great, the Razor seems to sing !! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Not to say thet i don't like my DE Razors, because i really do, just find now that more often i am using a SE instead, not everyones cup of tea but if you have not tried one, PLEASE DO...

:D

I'm intrigued by the Single Edge Ever Ready .. thinking that they would be an ideal first razor for newbies (like me!) rather than the Progress or Merkur HD as its been pointed out that its easier to see the blade angle. What do the users of the Single Edge style think- are they a good starting point? Does it depend on the brand/model as to whether they would be too aggressive or steep of a learning curve?

Back
Top Bottom