What manly things did you do today?

Today is lovely and sunny, and it's all thanks to you.
Snl Off Work GIF by Saturday Night Live

Given that our minds aren't innately gendered, male/female is essentially a category error except in specific, limited circumstances eg reproductive physiology - and I''m keeping quiet about what I may or may not allegedly have done with my reproductive physiology.

Given that our minds aren't innately gendered, male/female is essentially a category error except in specific, limited circumstances eg reproductive physiology - and I''m keeping quiet about what I may or may not allegedly have done with my reproductive physiology.
How is it that my wife has a huge collection of shoes, a lot of them high-heeled? I don't, but perhaps you do.

For a bloke, I have more shoes and boots than strictly necessary for blokedom. I rest assured that it's OK because none of them are remotely feminine. So I contend that it's more about the style of footwear than pure quantity. Although I concede that having a 'shoe thing' is more typical of the fairer sex.

For a bloke, I have more shoes and boots than strictly necessary for blokedom. I rest assured that it's OK because none of them are remotely feminine. So I contend that it's more about the style of footwear than pure quantity. Although I concede that having a 'shoe thing' is more typical of the fairer sex.
I read somewhere that:
Women regard flatulence as an unfortunate by-product of digestion.
Men regard it as a form of self-expression, an aid to male bonding, and an endless source of amusement.

The very fact that
A. Chuffs make funny noises, and
B. Blokes find it amusing

is circumstantial evidence that God
A. Has a sense of humour, and
B. Is a bloke. This in spite of feminist claims that "when God invented men she was only joking".

Disclaimer: I am
A. A bloke, and
B. Also only joking (without seeking equality with Him)!

Manly things, eh? I got up in the morning which was a good start then I went off down to bottom of the gairden and barrowed rubbish round the front to later dump. Strenuous work for an arthritic bugger like me.

I also swung a heavy mattock to remove privet hedge roots and turned the mattock round to use the pick end to break up concrete then fell down on my fat arse. Once the winded feeling passed, I lay there watching a great number of mini-creatures wriggling and crawling around me in the soil.

When I finally got up, went in the house and looked out the window, I was able to admire a cheeky wee Robin Red Breast having a field day eating all these mini-creatures. Get in there, wee yin!

Maybe not so manly but very life affirming.

And don’t take pissing standing up for granted. I can’t always do it…

Our minds are absolutely innately gendered. Women are much better at multitasking than men are, for one thing. Men are much better at focusing on one task at a time.

There's other differences too, but those are the most obvious differences. Sure there's a few outliers, but the vast majority of men and women are wired differently than the other sex.

Men will forget, but never forgive, women will forgive, but never forget, is another truism.

Edit: What on earth is being taught in schools and colleges these days?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom