What manly things did you do today?

If you got off your duff, set your phone down, turned off the telly, and did something your grandparents would approve of, let's hear about it!
16821990404058807535809827295127.jpg
I finished up a solid oak Dutch cheese press for my brother-in-law today. After seeing the ridiculous prices people want for them online, I'm seriously considering making a few more.

100 years ago, some people actually had these things built into their kitchens.

Now if I can just get the dadgum cream separator working right...

Well I got off my butt, went and taught some martial arts to a bunch of (mostly) kids, lay in the bath most of the afternoon, then gave my 5/8 extra hollow a 3rd run out since my first attempt at honing it.

I'm not sure I could use, never mind make, that cheese thing you got going there though! I excel only at eating cheese unfortunately!

I got punched. I responded by calmly demanding he apologise and not do it again.

He did apologise! :)

Then pinched me! :(
That's very Christian of you. I'm not entirely convinced of the 'manly' part. It's a fine distinction. Kind of like asking whether it's better to be pulled into a wood chipper feet first or head first.
Took a piss standing up.
The important thing is whether or not you undid your fly first.

As for me, I put the dishes away and folded laundry. I'm going to scrub out some rabbit cages later, if the first two activities weren't manly enough. :)

That's very Christian of you. I'm not entirely convinced of the 'manly' part. It's a fine distinction. Kind of like asking whether it's better to be pulled into a wood chipper feet first or head first.

The important thing is whether or not you undid your fly first.

As for me, I put the dishes away and folded laundry. I'm going to scrub out some rabbit cages later, if the first two activities weren't manly enough. :)
I did do my fly up. Left the toilet seat up as well. :cool:

I gave up on fixing the cream separator and ordered a replacement motor. It's odd the number of things I've inadvertently bought from Ukraine in the last year. I mean, it's only three things, but it's three more than I was ever aware of buying.

Back
Top Bottom