What made your day a crap one??

Where I live it is usually warm in winters with a few sporadic cold spells, but starting late this past weekend the SHTF. Bad ice storm and sub-zero temps. Then, to add insult to injury, the power went off and has been since Monday at 9AM!! Did I mention as well the city had a main water pipe burst so not only do we not have hot water what water there is has to be boiled. Of course, if you have electric power that's nigh unto impossible unless you fell a tree and start a fire. :rolleyes:

The last two nights I have slept fully clothed in winter wear with a couple safety candles as heat and am managing well as I grew up in another area with brutal winters and it toughened me up, e.g., I know how to sh#& in the cold......quickly. ;)

The whole matter has gone political with both sides pointing fingers, but I will just add that from firsthand experience so called "green" energy is a farce under extreme conditions.

I still work daily, but return home to sit in candlelight in sub-zero temp and look & smell like I have been "ridin' the rails" as a veritable hobo. No bath, no shave and if blindfolded you would be hard put to discern the smell of my ass between human & Sasquatch. It only takes but a mere few days to realize (if that) what elevates us above a medieval existence.

Signed,

Mr. Smelly
That sounds pretty terrible @Bogeyman . Sounds like a mixture of non-preparedness by the powers that be mixed with the kind of extreme weather conditions that the infrastructure isn't designed to cope with due to its rarity.
On a positive note, you now get to put a tag at the bottom of your posts saying "Cold water shave certified....." :whistle::eek:

That sounds pretty terrible @Bogeyman . Sounds like a mixture of non-preparedness by the powers that be mixed with the kind of extreme weather conditions that the infrastructure isn't designed to cope with due to its rarity.
On a positive note, you now get to put a tag at the bottom of your posts saying "Cold water shave certified....." :whistle::eek:

Nope, haven't shaved since power went out and by a miracle it just came back on!! Halaleujah!! If it only stays on long enough for the 40 gal. water heater to "het" up then I'll be Big Pimpin'!!! ;)

Problems with obtaining data for my data academy apprenticeship (doing that alongside full time work).... in big organisations it's always such a pain :( And got only a week and a half to submit last two projects.

Aside from the failed attempt at modifying a GEM blade earlier, I was stood at my sink (the one I shave at) brushing my teeth when I noticed a strange sound. I couldn't figure it out for a while until I noticed my shins getting wet. The flexible cold feed under my sink had burst as I turned the tap off. Needless to say my response was hampered by the amount of shaving gear I had hoarded in the vanity unit. Now my ensuite is sodden and I have no cold water at that sink. Not the end of the world though as I can still enjoy a shave there tomorrow.

An unintended result of this is that a lot of my (normally hidden) shaving gear is on show. I got the look and the tut.

Aside from the failed attempt at modifying a GEM blade earlier, I was stood at my sink (the one I shave at) brushing my teeth when I noticed a strange sound. I couldn't figure it out for a while until I noticed my shins getting wet. The flexible cold feed under my sink had burst as I turned the tap off. Needless to say my response was hampered by the amount of shaving gear I had hoarded in the vanity unit. Now my ensuite is sodden and I have no cold water at that sink. Not the end of the world though as I can still enjoy a shave there tomorrow.

An unintended result of this is that a lot of my (normally hidden) shaving gear is on show. I got the look and the tut.
I think you write this with a wry smile on your face, but in case it's getting to you (and I know how simple things can pile up quickly) ... keep your chin up lad!

Root canal today. One hour & a half sitting in a dental chair with all sorts of instruments shoved into my mouth not including a huge plastic device that is easily two levels above a red ball gag in discomfort I'd imagine (never been ball gagged, so comedians back off!! ;) ). There was no pain after the antibiotics kicked in, but the whole damn process is just miserable, i.e., pain, antibiotics. discomfort and finally the bill. I wish they'd hurry up with that stem cell research so we can grow our own "buds" and merely grow a new tooth!!

Root canal today. One hour & a half sitting in a dental chair with all sorts of instruments shoved into my mouth not including a huge plastic device that is easily two levels above a red ball gag in discomfort I'd imagine (never been ball gagged, so comedians back off!! ;) ). There was no pain after the antibiotics kicked in, but the whole damn process is just miserable, i.e., pain, antibiotics. discomfort and finally the bill. I wish they'd hurry up with that stem cell research so we can grow our own "buds" and merely grow a new tooth!!
You're one of those guys! :rolleyes:

You're one of those guys! :rolleyes:
Toothed?
Toothless GIF by memecandy

Now THIS is a bad day!!! :eek::oops:

Most of the comments are good too!

Dis you see THIS one?

Back
Top Bottom