What made your day a crap one??

Getting up and cancelling my 4 weeks in florida this year im so pissed off and depressed, 4 months off work as im diabetic was working from home , but my chargehands were bored and they have been doing my work too. My 2020 break back too our villa was my rest bite from all this b/s tbh. And because of the florida stats even a villa holiday is off the cards tbh
Im now going to open a bottle of gin fire up the bbq and get pissed.
Fire up the BBQ and get pissed.......and why not, enjoy! :) P.

It's having something to look forward to ...

Just somewhere with nice weather, nothing to do but potter and have my meals cooked for me (I'm the cook at home) is a real break for me. We often book a weekend away for about a month after we get back because we get post-holiday blues and having that little extra in sight really helps.

I think we'll try to do something quite different this year. What that is, I don't know yet.

... unless, of course, there's a vaccine tomorrow and everything is back to normal by the end of August in which case any kind of last minute to get a couple of weeks in the sun will do just fine.

My holiday to Mallorca was cancelled for this year. Moved it next year and the barstewards charged me an extra £400. On the bright side everyone I know and care about is healthy and relatively happy so not all bad I suppose.
I only book flights and a car, so ine wont be released till September and rtn wont be released till mid october and i suspect our flight prices will double.
That will hit me hard on future villa bookings. God i feel like eeyore the donkey, sad sap lol

Appreciate how you feel guys having to cancel holidays.
Until all the BS started it had been quite a tough new teaching year, some right little “beeps” of students with challenging behaviour. We had booked to go to California for nearly 4 weeks. Plans were there, Vegas, Grand Canyon, bottom end of Route 66. A highlight was to be Palm Springs for our 30th Wedding Anniversary, then on to San Diego and a trip up Route 1 again. So the virus hit and we Were optimistic that it may be settled as it was over 3 months away. Then it set in that we couldn't go, which was gutting. Mrs Northam is NHS frontline and deserved the break too. But there you go, we had booked hotels etc that were able to cancel with no loss and the hire car. We have the credit for the flights and hopefully we will be off next year.

But then I get told I may be at risk from redundancy from part of my job, complicated but I teach over several areas one the tutorial role is the one at risk. That seems to look more and more secure, but you never know. Worse case I will still have certain hours teaching so not all bad.

This week I find I have a cataract, (early stages) And my cornea and lens have a bigger than normal gap which indicates a rare form of Glaucoma is a risk, but it's related to Diabetes. So a blood test next week. Then news of a dear family friend dying. Oh and the second car blew a turbo, just before that the new car 6 months old did the same (warranty repair). But the second car cost £800, thanks to mates rates.

So lock down has been pretty bad. But such is life, positives are family are all fit and well, Mrs has kept well. Life does have a way of throwing you some crap, thankfully the drinks cabinet is always well stocked.

Saw a Barn Owl dead by the side of the road on my bike ride today. I presume it had been hit by a passing car. I may also be the same owl that I often saw or hear on my early morning ride to work. Sad to see such a beautiful creature succumbing to the increasing numbers of vehicles as lockdown eases.

Aw, man. What a shame. They are lovely creatures to see. I'm very blessed to have one that sits atop the telegraph pole on the opposite side of the road. I often watch him at night, straight out of my upstairs office window.

Back
Top Bottom