What are you waiting on to arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys have a personal policy, for want of a better term, when ordering new shave gear.

Do you do one in one out for example.

Knowing that it can take a while to use up creams, soaps, balms and such, storage could be a consideration. It's probably tempting be on here to want to try loads of different things at the same, rather than use one up and replace as it's getting low. Just interested in members policy with this.

Not really. Thereare a few things I will buy the same of when stocks get low (L'Occitane aftershave cream, Polsilver Lodz and Nature's Aid witch Hazel) but outside of these purchases tend to be willy nilly.

Storage? That is what the pantry and food cupboards are for

Do you guys have a personal policy, for want of a better term, when ordering new shave gear.

Knowing that it can take a while to use up creams, soaps, balms and such, storage could be a consideration. It's probably tempting be on here to want to try loads of different things at the same, rather than use one up and replace as it's getting low. Just interested in members policy with this.
I'm not so disciplined about it but I wish I were.

I couldn't use one soap day after day so I have 40+ splited into summer and non summer season.

I have 10 razors of which I use 8 regurlarly, I'll sell one when the band is lifted. Unlike soaps, I'm OK using a razor for a couple of weeks in a row, the same goes for brushes.

This morning my new Muhle Rocca R95 arrived, already have the R96 but I love this razor, it's so beautiful, so smooth so I couldn't resist it.

I have two grandsons, I hope one day they enjoy shaving so they can have my razors..... my only son now wears a beard.

I order Samples via Shavedash.com, I can try the soap out first before buying it complete. This avoids buying a soap I may not like for performance or scent etc Having said that, I still have too many , but that's all part of the fun.

Brooks Brothers aftershave, to pair with the vintage BB shaving soap
nU8yvUh.jpg

Had my first shave with mine yesterday Paul and really liked it. It seems to be very dense. The knot looks bigger than the 28mm FS G4 but I think that may be because it's set lower in the handle.

It does look like a beast of a knot, Chris

My usual preference is for 24mm, and only have one 26mm brush -a synthetic Shavemac

Maybe the Simpsons will help me get through the mountain of soaps and creams in my den !

Some Indian made DE Blades, some I've not seen before, 5 of the following
- Supermax Super Platinum
- Vidyut Platinum +
- Lancet Super Platinum
- Centwin Platinum
- Zorrik Titanium
- Zorrik Talvar

I'm not sure why I keep on buying obscure brands of blades, they'll probably all be terrible and I'll continue using Gillette blades like I do....
You buy them to entertain us!

Some Indian made DE Blades, some I've not seen before, 5 of the following
- Supermax Super Platinum
- Vidyut Platinum +
- Lancet Super Platinum
- Centwin Platinum
- Zorrik Titanium
- Zorrik Talvar

I'm not sure why I keep on buying obscure brands of blades, they'll probably all be terrible and I'll continue using Gillette blades like I do....
I have the Supermax Super Platinum, which i find smooth & efficient.and have had no intermittent quality problems with them each blade i've used so-far has been good....As always reviews & opinions are subjective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom