What are you waiting on to arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three of these gorgeous knots on the way!!!

Boar_28_1080__69809.1558323905.jpg

Had my eye on this for a while...

View attachment 53894

Please report on what it's like when you have used it. I really like Brian's other soaps I have used but the Capra looks the one that appeals to me the most. I was planning to place an order in the last few weeks but saw he will be offering a splash and decided to wait until he has those up on his website.

What's the difference in characteristics between bleached and unbleached?

I only have the one boar brush with an bleached knot and it's a Zenith; which I bought at the same time as another Zenith unbleached knot so I can provide a summary of both (both with the same handle, both with 24mm/55mm knots)

Zenith Bleached - incredibly soft tips, like massaging your face with a soft cloud, but there's not much backbone and it eats lather no other brush, I'd struggle to build a lather with the brush
Zenith Unbleached - very scritchy/exfoliating tips, huge amounts of backbone and my most efficient boar for soap consumption and really easy to build a lather with.

However, if you want a boar brush with the face feel of a silvertip badger then a Zenith bleached boar is a good avenue.

Of course with any boar there's an incredible amount of variation from brand to brand, pig to pig. I've had a few Omegas with the same model number (2 80265's) that performed as differently as it could be possible.

I only have the one boar brush with an bleached knot and it's a Zenith; which I bought at the same time as another Zenith unbleached knot so I can provide a summary of both (both with the same handle, both with 24mm/55mm knots)

Zenith Bleached - incredibly soft tips, like massaging your face with a soft cloud, but there's not much backbone and it eats lather no other brush, I'd struggle to build a lather with the brush
Zenith Unbleached - very scritchy/exfoliating tips, huge amounts of backbone and my most efficient boar for soap consumption and really easy to build a lather with.

However, if you want a boar brush with the face feel of a silvertip badger then a Zenith bleached boar is a good avenue.

Of course with any boar there's an incredible amount of variation from brand to brand, pig to pig. I've had a few Omegas with the same model number (2 80265's) that performed as differently as it could be possible.
Thanks for the explanation Shubs, I never knew of the bleached/unbleached difference.

Do you guys have a personal policy, for want of a better term, when ordering new shave gear.

Do you do one in one out for example.

Knowing that it can take a while to use up creams, soaps, balms and such, storage could be a consideration. It's probably tempting be on here to want to try loads of different things at the same, rather than use one up and replace as it's getting low. Just interested in members policy with this.

Do you guys have a personal policy, for want of a better term, when ordering new shave gear.

Do you do one in one out for example.

Knowing that it can take a while to use up creams, soaps, balms and such, storage could be a consideration. It's probably tempting be on here to want to try loads of different things at the same, rather than use one up and replace as it's getting low. Just interested in members policy with this.
I don't think anyone has a rigid system of any kind, and everyone has there own way of doing things, just do what suits you and makes you happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom