What are you waiting on to arrive? August 2021

Rabbit Hole Nbc GIF by SVU
Hey, hey, hey… I am trying to be restrained at least!
Ok who am I trying to kid! As many before me I’ve fallen down the rabbit hole!

Managed to pick up a Leaf off the bay, due early next week.

After seeing plenty of reviews for its ability to give a good headshave I’m really looking forward to trying it out.
I’ve tried to headshave with my DE but my shakey hands make for a messy result, but I’m ok with a flex head cartridge, hopefully this will be the solution I’m looking for.

1629504069890.jpeg

Bagged a gold wash (so, brass) Milday with straight teeth and no appearent splits in the handle:

s-l1600.jpg

While I thoroughly enjoyed my shave with the Single Ring that I secured recently, alas ... it's silver plate, isn't it? I'm part werewolf and silver plate really does not agree with me. So, a brassy 'Old' will do me just fine. Nice to have the Milady handle. I have loads of other brass handles in various length to use the head with.

Bagged a gold wash (so, brass) Milday with straight teeth and no appearent splits in the handle:

s-l1600.jpg

While I thoroughly enjoyed my shave with the Single Ring that I secured recently, alas ... it's silver plate, isn't it? I'm part werewolf and silver plate really does not agree with me. So, a brassy 'Old' will do me just fine. Nice to have the Milady handle. I have loads of other brass handles in various length to use the head with.
Use the handle that's on it.
USA razor?
Bad reaction to silver? Shame, I like Gillettes in silver.

Managed to pick up a Leaf off the bay, due early next week.

After seeing plenty of reviews for its ability to give a good headshave I’m really looking forward to trying it out.
I’ve tried to headshave with my DE but my shakey hands make for a messy result, but I’m ok with a flex head cartridge, hopefully this will be the solution I’m looking for.

View attachment 75667
I got to try my Leaf out first time this afternoon after it arrived from the bay ( I know, Sunday delivery? Yep apparently so ).

Gave it a good dose of disinfectant and a wash down with boiling water to make sure it was safe n ready to use. Threw in some Derby premium blades I’ve been using in my shavette and gave it a whirl.

In comparison to the Harry’s cart I’ve been using on the dome it takes a smidge more caution but the results are great.
So pleased I’ve found something I can use without scalping myself on a semi regular basis and finally ditch the expensive cartridges for something more environmentally sensible.
The face was never a problem, I’ve been using either a DE, shavette or more recently a straight form a few months now, but the head has always been an issue, I tried using my DE but got messy painful results so stuck with the carts, until now. I’d have never know about the leaf without this forum so thanks guys

Use the handle that's on it.
USA razor?
Bad reaction to silver? Shame, I like Gillettes in silver.
Yeah, that's the plan ... in part. Nice to use a longer handle, too. I have a few Milady shavers (my best friend little cat here is named Milady), couple of New and a New standard style in a pearl case.

Indeed! Mrs looked at me during the evening and said, "what's happened to your face?" ... I had red blotches at the top of my beard line where it meets my cheeks under my eyes. Then the penny dropped. Yes, silver plate. The shaved parts of my face were fine, just where it meets regular skin. Brass is good for me, so I can still enjoy an 'Old' shave every now and again.

Gordy I blame you! Since the PIF you sent me I've realised I like DE as well as straight razors and, without prejudice to the razor you gave me, I had to add a ball end Tech to the collection! It would have been unseemly to put my name down for Paul's PIF this evening so I just scored this one on the bay. Hope its alright, was only £12 posted.

Gordy I blame you! Since the PIF you sent me I've realised I like DE as well as straight razors and, without prejudice to the razor you gave me, I had to add a ball end Tech to the collection! It would have been unseemly to put my name down for Paul's PIF this evening so I just scored this one on the bay. Hope its alright, was only £12 posted.
The Tech is a class act packed in a little understated razor. Loaded with a Feather I find it can match the performance of pretty much any razor I have in the den.

A bargain that will not disappoint!

Chiseled Face Santa Paula shaving soap. I'm kind of a sucker for citrus soaps, but also this brings back memories. Many years ago, when I was getting my private pilot license in California, I flew on one of my solo cross-country jaunts to Santa Paula, which really is a beautiful place. Unfortunately, when I returned to the Long Beach airport, I passed close to LAX and my little plane got caught in the wingtip vortex from a 747 that was taking off in front of me. It flipped me upside down, scattering maps and pencils and such all over, and then the engine started to cough and sputter. I communicated my problem to the Long Beach tower and got permission for an emergency straight-in landing, which I did with lots of fire crews and aid vehicles standing by. The plane eventually checked out OK mechanically, but the experience certainly did nothing to help my fear of heights (which was why I was taking flying lessons in the first place).

i8jyKJT.jpg

Chiseled Face Santa Paula shaving soap. I'm kind of a sucker for citrus soaps, but also this brings back memories. Many years ago, when I was getting my private pilot license in California, I flew on one of my solo cross-country jaunts to Santa Paula, which really is a beautiful place. Unfortunately, when I returned to the Long Beach airport, I passed close to LAX and my little plane got caught in the wingtip vortex from a 747 that was taking off in front of me. It flipped me upside down, scattering maps and pencils and such all over, and then the engine started to cough and sputter. I communicated my problem to the Long Beach tower and got permission for an emergency straight-in landing, which I did with lots of fire crews and aid vehicles standing by. The plane eventually checked out OK mechanically, but the experience certainly did nothing to help my fear of heights (which was why I was taking flying lessons in the first place).

i8jyKJT.jpg
Sounds a very scary experience !

FCEB2BF7-6459-473F-80CE-4C2A85E54887.jpeg8A0AC502-A3B2-4CB1-AA01-1E5674143B5C.jpeg0268A441-091C-422B-BEBB-C373279650BA.jpegB98B1CA9-7AD4-4088-A985-CFFACFBDB49A.jpegA150875E-7F1C-4283-A3A4-325C16D5F652.jpegMy new Hone should arrive tomorrow, followed at some point by this boar brush and soap from Yaqi.
Oh and I won a PIF 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad knot recently and have been looking for a suitable handle for it. I wanted something a little better than the dscosmetics handles, I’ve been loving the wood/resin handles on SOTD but most are out of my price range. However after messaging a UK Etsy seller he’s making me a custom handle for £25. It should be perfect so can wait to put it together!
This is the colour combo I’m going for but it’ll be a different shape and knot.
0D2179B3-7EE8-4EF1-BB28-6447C6FF7F15.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom