What are you waiting on to arrive? August 2021

When I first came to traditional shaving, I picked a reasonably priced badger and while I really tried with it, I just didn't get on with it. Sliding over to synthetics, even sorta 10 years ago there was pretty much Muhle Silvertip Fibre or Kent Infinity Silvertex. Even PurTech was still just around the corner. Anway, I went with the Kent Infinity Silvertex and used it exclusively for well over a year before buying into some of the newly accessible synthetic fibre.

Anyway, I have a soft spot for that little Kent brush ... and so, he's being joined by a sibling that clearly likes to go to the gym!

Kent-Rasierpinsel-infinityPlus_600x600.jpg

The Infinity+ which is still Silvertex, just bigger and generally looks better proportioned than the regular Infinity.

Looks like it has a three hole blade in it, hope it hasn't been there long, carbon steel.
Probably been in 100 years, then ...

So, I'm looking for the numbers on the top of the combed plate and the chuck? Patent numbers on the unknurled bit above the end. If British, it'll be: Brit.Pat.No.28763 of 02 (or Br.Pat.No.28763 of 02), American Pat.Nov.15.04 or Canadian Pat.Mar.7.05. Date codes: https://www.razoremporium.com/gillette-date-codes-serial-numbers/ ... is there a better resource? https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/wiki/Gillette_England_Dating_Information maybe?

What's the "Script Trade Mark"? The signed Gillette, rather than the diamond Gillette logo?

Probably been in 100 years, then ...

So, I'm looking for the numbers on the top of the combed plate and the chuck? Patent numbers on the unknurled bit above the end. If British, it'll be: Brit.Pat.No.28763 of 02 (or Br.Pat.No.28763 of 02), American Pat.Nov.15.04 or Canadian Pat.Mar.7.05. Date codes: https://www.razoremporium.com/gillette-date-codes-serial-numbers/ ... is there a better resource? https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/wiki/Gillette_England_Dating_Information maybe?

What's the "Script Trade Mark"? The signed Gillette, rather than the diamond Gillette logo?
Serial numbers on the "inner barrel" only,... yes the signed Gillette with no diamond,... I use the B&B chart that I pull up from mr razor.

Serial numbers on the "inner barrel" only,... yes the signed Gillette with no diamond,... I use the B&B chart that I pull up from mr razor.
If it's a good 'un with no cracks in the barrel, I'll likely get it stripped down and replated. Having said that, are they all brass underneath the plate? I do like raw brass.

I'm really very excited to see just how early it is. I've read some threads on B&B that dating can be a bit hit and miss, but historical knowledge of factory production helps ... that, and comparing to know dated serial numbers from a list will help.

It looks like the silver is intact, but yes it's all yellow brass. Unfortunately Brit numbers have no "date code chart". Can you link to the item, so I can see the other pix?

It looks like the silver is intact, but yes it's all yellow brass. Unfortunately Brit numbers have no "date code chart". Can you link to the item, so I can see the other pix?
This is the only other picture ...

s-l1600.jpg

Listed as a "1960s Vintage Razor" and priced VERY low, I just bought it. Seller was one of those Bygone Treasures kinda places. Unlikely to have got anywhere with them asking peculiar questions like can the read off the serial number from the inner barrel.

I'll know more when it arrives.

Exciting! We should run a sweepstake on which year it turns out to be ... 1905? 1906 1907 1908 1909. I'm hoping for the earliers, naturally. I think the 1905s had a sliding clasp on the case, although I'm a bit hazy about whether the British made go back that far.

s-l1600.jpg

Listed as a "1960s Vintage Razor" and priced VERY low, I just bought it. Seller was one of those Bygone Treasures kinda places. Unlikely to have got anywhere with them asking peculiar questions like can the read off the serial number from the inner barrel.

Exciting! We should run a sweepstake on which year it turns out to be ... 1905? 1906 1907 1908 1909. I'm hoping for the earliers, naturally. I think the 1905s had a sliding clasp on the case, although I'm a bit hazy about whether the British made go back that far.

revenge of the nerds 80s GIF

s-l1600.jpg

I don't know anything about the cases or Brit production, there were guys at B&B who knew what came out of which factory and when.

Back
Top Bottom