What are you waiting on to arrive? August 2021

Boots Albany Mentholated Shaving Bowl ...

il_794xN.3171433584_9qrw.jpg

... with soap!

il_794xN.3219134553_ihsh.jpg

Who cares if manufacturers are removing tallow from their soaps? You can't remove it from vintage!

R. - I'm a big fan, as are you, of Floid aftershaves. Is this a repackaging of the current ones in the rectangular bottles? Suave/Vigoroso or the old 'Italian' version? Or a new/re-introduced variant? The pic is too small for me to read the label properly. Cheers - I.
I,

It's a new product, well an old one of sorts. It's the first new product from Ludovico Martinelli/Proraso after they bought Floid.

It's the updated take on the first Floid splash from 1932, has a few old school ingredients in there as well including vinegar!

Only the one fella on B&B in Italy has it is and says it is superb.

So far only Goodfellas Smile have it, and they are shipping to the UK.

I wrote then deleted some angry things about Brexit, but there's no point keeping them. I hope representatives in the UK for Proraso, and others register for the sake of their UK customers.

I,

It's a new product, well an old one of sorts. It's the first new product from Ludovico Martinelli/Proraso after they bought Floid.

It's the updated take on the first Floid splash from 1932, has a few old school ingredients in there as well including vinegar!

Only the one fella on B&B in Italy has it is and says it is superb.

So far only Goodfellas Smile have it, and they are shipping to the UK.

I wrote then deleted some angry things about Brexit, but there's no point keeping them. I hope representatives in the UK for Proraso, and others register for the sake of their UK customers.
Thanks for the full answer mate - I'd forgotten that Proraso took over Floid. We'll just have to see what happens, I guess - cheers - I.

Thanks for the full answer mate - I'd forgotten that Proraso took over Floid. We'll just have to see what happens, I guess - cheers - I.

Here is a new picture of the new Floid
20210727_133711.jpg

and this is the old one
20210727_133758.jpg

and this is Marco's review

Gentlemen, here are my thoughts regarding this new, outstanding product. In order to make my mini review detailed and precise, I'll divide it into 3 sections, as shown below:

- Packaging

The sturdy 400ml glass bottle with sturdy black screw cap needs no presentation: it's the tradition one that has never changed. What is new and striking is the label, which takes inspiration from the authentic 1932 Floid label design and adds a touch of "nostalgia" to this world renowned lotion. The label is made of thick, creamy white paper that has the look and feel of a true parchment. It simply could not be more vintage style and beautiful.

- Fragrance

I have no doubts at all. This is the ORIGINAL 1932 Floid scent, perfectly recreated. It features the authentic Floid powdery barbershop notes, with a good menthol kick and a proper alcohol content. Simply put the immortal fragrance we have all loved so much.
The colour of the lotion is also the correct deep orange/brown of the very first 1932 Floid The Genuine.

- Performance

This is where this aftershave truly shines. The added plant extracts make this splash behave almost like a high quality balm. After an initial light burning sensation the skin feels amazingly moisturized, tight and silky soft.

A legendary, timeless classic that is now back.

My vote: 10/10

'What's that Marco?
'You want uncle Donnie to buy the new Floid splash?
'Yes?
'Understood.
'Damn Brexit, I can't for now.'

I think so. 1932 has a different ingredients list so I would presume it doesn't smell the same, but how different I do not know.
Thanks again - the ingredients list is far more complex - and to my eye contains plenty good stuff - looks way into Myrsol territory. What with the various herb extracts and vinegar - might double up as salad dressing? Like you, I would assume it is going to smell different from the existing versions. Cheers - I.

@Boycie83 - suave? Man up girlfriend! Mentally vigoroso mixed with Alcolado Glacial! :);)

Thanks again - the ingredients list is far more complex - and to my eye contains plenty good stuff - looks way into Myrsol territory. What with the various herb extracts and vinegar - might double up as salad dressing? Like you, I would assume it is going to smell different from the existing versions. Cheers - I.

@Boycie83 - suave? Man up girlfriend! Mentally vigoroso mixed with Alcolado Glacial! :);)
Don't forget that I'm a soft southerner!

Didn't like the fact that I couldn't find the RazoRock baseplates as a separate item, as you can on the North America and EU sites. None of these are shipping to the UK at the moment, so I roped in a friend who lives in Saskatchewan to receive my baseplate and forward it to me. As payment, he's received one of the cheaper razors, blades and some shaving soap + brush to get him started. Even with all of this, I still saved about £40-50 on the cost of buying a GC 68 as a full item, so that I can swap between the different baseplates for my GC.

Now someone will say - "Oh, why didn't you try so and so............?" It's too late, the new baseplate is currently winging its way from Canada to UK, a milder shave is hopefully imminent!

Attachments

• Aug_Arr3.png
    Aug_Arr3.png
    112.5 KB · Views: 1

Hi I

So yes as Donnie says it is a re release of the classic old Italian recipe. @donnie_arko Shaving.ie have it as well as good fellas were sold out.
I love Floid aftershaves so just had to try it , after Donnie had enabled me ;). R

Back
Top Bottom