What are you reading at the moment?

Having finished rereading the complete Chris Brookmyre, I'm now rereading Carl Hiaasen. Apparently I'm in the mood for angry satirical comic crime with a strong sense of place...

I'm currently reading To the End of the Land by David Grossman. Very intense, and reminds me strangely of D.H. Lawrence - due to the intensity and visceral quality of the emotions.

Spent several hours today sorting out the formatting of an ebook I want to reread on holiday. I would love to have just bought the damned thing, but they won't sell it to me unless I move to America. It might actually have been quicker to have just retyped it from the paper book sitting a foot from my hand. Bah.

Anyone read any Cormac McCarthy? I recently started Game of Thrones but had a tip off that the McCarthy stuff is excellent.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blood-Meridian-Evening-Redness-West/dp/0330510940/ref=as_li_tf_sw?&camp=2486&linkCode=wsw&tag=shavroom-21&creative=8902

Boab said:
Anyone read any Cormac McCarthy?

Oh yes. I rate him very highly indeed Boab, and Blood Meridian is a good place to start - very cinematic and full of set pieces which stick in the memory. Suttree is the only one I wouldn't recommend for starters because although all his writing is dense, that one really is very hard work. If you develop a taste for him, Outer Dark is my tip.

Back
Top Bottom