Vegan Shaving brush?

Apart from the funny ones (witty is always good), I don't see the point of the unhelpful replies having a go at vegans.
Isn't the important thing that someone is interested in wet shaving? Vegan or not.

I'm not vegan but I tried it for a bit and it's hard work. I have nothing but admiration for anyone who can stick to their principles to that extent.

Indeed however I suspect that most of us here have a value set which would be hard for a vegan to relate to, and vice versa which is why some of the replies will have come from a viewpoint of finding vegan-ism a bit weird.

After all most of us are more than happy to use badger or boar hair brushes, use tallow soaps, strop on leather made from all sorts of living animals. Generally traditional wet shaving isn't very animal friendly even if it is ecologically friendly.

Most people probably find veganism weird. But a vegan chap with an interest in traditional wet shaving and a carnivorous chap with the same interest have wet shaving in common despite any other differences they might have. Looking for things in common to agree on is more gentlemanly than looking for differences and having a pop. (I'm looking here at the 'gentleman's grooming forum' description of TSR.) Although arguably not as much fun ;-)

From some of the replies in this thread it's clear that a vegan wouldn't have to try that hard to have a decent traditional wet shave experience (T&H, EJ, body shop brushes, DE razor and a non-animal based soap or cream or two. Or twenty).

I've had a look over the thread and I don't see anything that could be considered as more than mildly offensive in fact I don't think that anyone actually had a pop at vegans just a bit of a giggle about the stereotypes.

I have a Men-U synthetic brush that I used for a few years before coming over to the dark side of DE shaving. I got a Silvertip brush from Fido and the difference is amazing! So much so that I would now rate my synthetic brush as follows:

Where 1 is pants and 10 is excellent, it's definitely PANTS!

Probably keep it for travelling though I'm tempted by the Vulfix 404 still to try.........

That's it... a synthetic knot coupled with a wooden handle turned by one of our very own craftsmen.

That's about as usefully natural as you can get I'd say.

Damian Murphy said:
a vegetarian that eats bacon sandwiches....

... is no longer a vegetarian, nor are those self-righteous cretins that say they're "vegetarian but eat chicken and/or fish".

Chickens that are probably reared in the worst conditions of any domesticated animal and fish that are being removed from the oceans in unsustainable numbers.

Back
Top Bottom