THE PRODUCT INFO NOW UNFOLDS

HOWDY YA'LL
Well, as I mentioned in my intruductory greetings, i have something of value to pass on regarding shaving products and a great seller.
I peruse shaving listings on ebay on a regular basis in hopes of finding a pristine FAT BOY or 100 feathers for 99p (don't laugh, you've all done it)
I happened upon the title "PROFESSOR BLIGHTY'S PERFECT SHAVE REGIMEN" I thought "quirky name...check it out". Never saw this before so was fortunate enough to buy a few items at the intrductory price. I first bought the lavender water, tonic and blueberry colognes. They arrived two days later along with some free samples of other fragrances and a pipette to siphon some into a small vial for an evening out top-up. I tried all three during the following week and decided to buy the mullberry i had sampled and a bottle of oil. When that arrived, it was accompanied by a free gift of 150 gm jar of strawberry and vanilla shaving soap. Smells more like a delicious dessert than a soap which, incidently, lathers real well. I asked them if they did ladie's fragrances to which they enquired as to preferences of a fragrance. A few days later i received an unexpected package which turned out to be a blend of various fragrances i had mentioned along with a handwritten note wishing us a happy 35th anniversary. I was DUMBFOUNDED as i had not ordered it. I vowed to give them all my repeat business in the future. Since then, I bought my son their three item PERFECT SHAVE pack of a soap, oil and cologne.
After smelling these i'm having second thoughts about how much i really love my son. I mean, would he really appreciate this. I'll ponder this for a while and search my conscience. His fiancee would probably get jealous of the artwork on the labels anyway.
Recently, I asked if they could do a musk fragrance cologne and shave cream. A bit disappointed that they only do hard soaps but have since been told they are working on developing a cream. They told me that to do a musk could only be done with synthetic scents and all their products were made with natural oils. They did, however, ask what kind of musk i'd like. Didn't have a clue there was so many. Well, i told them it would probably be best to just keep things on the natural side and i dismissed the idea from my mind. A few days later another unexpected delivery that turned out to be a bottle of musk cologne. Have any of you heard of a seller like this on ebay????
The business is run by Martin and Heather Slevin. Martin seems to be on the shaving side of things while Heather seems to be the fasion side of things.
I have "NO HESITATION" in recommending this seller to all you SHAVEGEEKS not only for the courteous and helpful service but for a range of nice products. I really like everything i've had from them and intend to buy more as they extend the range. You can even email them a photo and they will put it on the package and product labels of your choice of cologne. Great gift idea huh?
Well, i've said enuff in this tome so check it out. If you don't see a scent you fancy....just ask them

Regards,
Russ

Here:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=professor+blighty&_sacat=See-All-Categories" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trks ... Categories</a><!-- m -->

And here:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Heathers-Closet-Clothes-and-Shoes_FOR-MEN_W0QQ_fsubZ1769179017QQ_sidZ100399517QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Heathers-Close ... ec0Q2em322</a><!-- m -->

Well it's something new . . . .

Seems like they wont be in business long if the keep giving everything away.Any ingredients list?

Excuse my cynicism - but I've read pretty much identical text from "Professor Blighty" on another forum - and when I say identical I mean down to the capitalised phrases in the middle.

What's your connection with the "Prof"?

edit: Having read more advertising from the Prof:

Professor Blighty's Universal Shaving Oil is hand blended for each customer after purchase, so it is unique to them, and there are no two bottles exactly alike.

That doesn't bode well for consistent supplies either :?

Might be a bit much for our older members

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PROFESSOR-BLIGHTYS-OLD-BLUEBERRY-COLOGNE-/230501425090?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Fragrances_Men_s_Fragrances_Aftershave_PP&hash=item35aaf49fc2#ht_3249wt_912" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PROFESSOR-BLIGHTY ... 3249wt_912</a><!-- m -->

Artwork is a bit dungeons and dragons ,Prof

I am taking the liberty of quoting.....well me!

"Don't know about you guys? but I really enjoy it when we get a spangle joining.

I read their threads and then, I'm almost ashamed to admit, sit back and wait on the barrage to begin.

Rangers62 lovin' the bunkernuts"

"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time"
Abraham Lincoln ;)

Why not just be honest about it and join as a vendor in the first place? If the product is good then it will become popular. If not, oh well, they've tried. Perhaps our reaction is what makes us look a little 'cliquey', but this is a community just like any other, and it's human nature to be a tad distrustful of strangers and to dislike having the wool pulled over our eyes.

Compare the reaction to Soapalchemist joining us as an established soap-maker wishing to contribute and learn from us to help improve her shaving soap to an excellent standard.

Pig Cat said:
Compare the reaction to Soapalchemist joining us as an established soap-maker wishing to contribute and learn from us to help improve her shaving soap to an excellent standard.

Exactly. Or the guys at Badger and Hone, Paul at Connaught, Henk, Robert at TGS etc etc. All join as vendors / members, are up front and honest and should their product / shop be any good they get a lot of publicity from people saying so. Even to the extent of members recommending them to new guys!

Shame on you! :(

A Being Yanking Us in Britain said:
Step Two

Lather up with a brush

Professor Blighty's Strawberry & Vanilla Shaving Soap

Apply to all areas of the face and neck

Shave as normally with a sharp razor.

• Including forehead, eyelids, lips and inside of both nostrils???

Yoiks![/list:u][/list:u]

Back
Top Bottom