The All-Encompassing Simpson Thread

I've a chubby 2 synthetic. It makes wonderful lather and very soft on my face. A tiny bit springy when I face lather, and I prefer to use it to bowl lather.
I had a chubby3 badger but it shed loads of hairs.

View attachment 108008

Simfix SF1 Synthetic Bristle faux Ebony £17.95

Simfix (a manufacturing collaboration between the world renowned Simpson & Vulfix brands) are delighted to announce the arrival of this eagerly anticipated synthetic fibre shaving brush.

Overall brush height - 98mm
Handle height - 46mm
Loft - 52mm
Knot diameter - 25mm
Brush weight - 60g

Would you recommend this brush Ebberman? I quite like the look of it

Would you recommend this brush Ebberman? I quite like the look of it
I use it every day in preference to my badgers and other synthetics. It sheds no hairs, and needs no pre-soaking. When I'm using it. I ask myself what could three times the price do. I'm at a loss what more I need, and I could easily sell all the others. It's a pity we mostly have to buy before we try.
Thanks for asking.

I use it every day in preference to my badgers and other synthetics. It sheds no hairs, and needs no pre-soaking. When I'm using it. I ask myself what could three times the price do. I'm at a loss what more I need, and I could easily sell all the others. It's a pity we mostly have to buy before we try.
Thanks for asking.
This sounds amazing!! I might try some of their cream too as it all seems to be quite cheap on their website.

This sounds amazing!! I might try some of their cream too as it all seems to be quite cheap on their website.
Yes, the creams are very good, especially if you go for bundles - 3 for £20, and other bundles. The snag is the postage - £8
That's why I make occasional huge orders rather than frequent small orders.
I don't understand the Simpsons business logic. The £8, I think, is to encourage resellers to buy large amounts, rather than tiddly orders from people like us. Their problem is - there are no resellers except for Cyril Salter.
I asked Shaving Shack about it, and was told that "It's lovely stuff, but we couldn't shift it."
Simpsons creams have an undeserved bad name. Divided opinions. People who haven't tried it have opinions on it.

and

Both posts are about the Unscented, which is now discontinued. I was warned that would happen and, what with the £8 fixed postage, I bought 25. I'm not sorry.
I love Simpsons cream. Go gently when you load the brush. You don't need as much as with other creams.

Thanks for all the info! Excited to try it all now!! I hope they still have stock in next week when I order, the cream is so cheap!!
You'll probably be buying Bay Rum cream with your order. Mixed opinions again, but all about the smell. Everyone agrees that the cream is economical and amazing, but some are put off by a scent that is not familiar. It's possible that some people have never smelled real bay rum.
Simpsons bay rum shaving cream £14.70

Best cream on the market for the money.
------------------------------------------
Can’t smell anything like bay rum Which is why I bought it
Works as advertised - Although it is probably very good, it is not one of my favorites. Didn't really have much of scent to me.
Super slick but the scent is disappointing.
This product has a great reputation and delivers on its promise to lather into a super slick foam. The scent is unlike any bay rum product on the market and makes me unlikely to purchase again.
--------------------------------------------
Excellent cream.
This cream whips up quickly with only minimal product on brush. The shave was clean and smooth. Even after a shower, aroma remained for a few hours. Excellent product.
----------------------------------------------
My favorite shave cream
Easy lathering with a brush, and great smell. I also get good protection. I've tried many shave creams before I settled on Simpson's Bay Rum as my everyday shave cream.
-----------------------------------------------
As great as the Brushes
This is a great shave cream. Use it with a Simpson brush to work up a great smelling, thick lather on your way to one of the best shave of your life. The after shave balm is a nice compliment to this as well.
----------------------------------------------
The best shaving cream I’ve tried. I had a Simpson’s shaving brush and figured I’d try their shaving cream. I dip the brush and lather it on my face, I get zero razor burn since I switched to using this.

The first two reviews are British. The rest are from USA and a bit more intelligent.

Back
Top Bottom