Simpsons Unscented Cream

Back during my Simpsons and Leonidam brush buying spree in 2020 (which still brings me out in a cold sweat now that I think about it) - Simpsons included a free full sized tub of their shaving cream in a brush order.

I used it for the first time today, when looking for something to decent into a <100ml tub for plane travel.

Scent:

Unscented, so just the natural scent of the ingredients used. Not pleasant. Picture whipping up a lather in the ass crack of an overweight taxi driver at the end of his 16 hour shift. Literally smells like butt.

Ease of building lather:

Exceptional. Took me about 10 seconds to build a bowl full of rich lather

Performance:

Slick, smooth, didn’t dry out and provided excellent protection.

This stuff is discontinued now, but if their scented stuff performs as well as this did (I’m using it again despite the scent) - they’re winners.

IMG_4180.jpeg

Back during my Simpsons and Leonidam brush buying spree in 2020 (which still brings me out in a cold sweat now that I think about it) - Simpsons included a free full sized tub of their shaving cream in a brush order.

I used it for the first time today, when looking for something to decent into a <100ml tub for plane travel.

Scent:

Unscented, so just the natural scent of the ingredients used. Not pleasant. Picture whipping up a lather in the ass crack of an overweight taxi driver at the end of his 16 hour shift. Literally smells like butt.

Ease of building lather:

Performance:

This stuff is discontinued now, but if their scented stuff performs as well as this did (I’m using it again despite the scent) - they’re winners.

View attachment 108846
No, your not really selling it to me, after a sixteen hour shift! No thanks. :)

Paul.

i’m not that keen on them i had the lime, sandlewood & bay rum.
Probably just snobbery though as they did perform well.
Scent strength was fairly weak which i’m not so keen on.
The Balms are decent

Scent:

Ease of building lather:

Performance:

View attachment 108846
This sounds like it smells like Homer Simpson! I’ve only tried one unscented cream, by Edwin Jagger. It performed well, but having no scent is something I’ll never get used to. I suppose it stops the scent from the cream interfering with balms and splashes, but I still don’t see the point, as most creams and soaps don’t overwhelm anything else.

I have this cream as well and can confirm it smells horrible. Went to confirm after reading this from Ed.
Used it and my first shave (well, half shave) in about 2 years today after checking in on the forum and my skin is in terrible shape after being hidden under a beard for so long .

Hope yous are all keeping well

Scent:

Ease of building lather:

Performance:

View attachment 108846
Was it in an aluminium tin? If so, I love it. I'm sick of buying ten smells of the same soap, especially when the smell has gone by the time I leave the room. The Unscented smell is nice enough for me, but then I'm not a tart.
With most tub creams I have to go round with the brush two or three times to pick up enough for a lather. With the Simpsons, half a turn is enough.

Back
Top Bottom