Testers wanted - not for Vegetarians

Hmmm, a muted response from @Nishy but not totally disastrous. Good on the post shave skin feel. I look forward to hearing from more testers before I start wracking my brain as to how to improve matters.

Definitely a decent lather, I would only want more slickness, cushion is certainly above average. I'm comparing this to the likes of Tabac providing most cushion. I wonder if the post shave feel would become 'oilyer' if more slickness were to be introduced?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I recieved my Neroli Signature soap the scent is wonderful as you would expect when you use the best quality essential oils the scent is on par with my Tom Ford Neroli Portifino private blend Edp, it's produces a very slick thick lather my skin felt smooth and soft after the shave this soap isn't cheap but I would put this soap in the higher end luxury shaving soaps, would I buy the soap again? if the recipe and method stays the same absolutely yes I would definitely buy the soap again. PS love the high gloss red screw cap container and the graphics it really stands out in the crowd.

Just compiling the video now, first impressions are ace! Based on my first shave this morning and the experience @Nishy has, I think I know which aspect you've tweaked.
Nick completely off topic but the facebook link for TSR on your signature, brings up facebook but the text you have to copy in order to sign in doesn't appear??

My 1st shave with The Beef:
I took a thumbnail size scoop of the soft soap and bowl lathered. Lathered very easily (thirsty as well). Cushion and slickness was fine. Super smooth shave with a Schick L1 and a Japanese Schick blade. The scent is to die for. A super lemon/citrus blast all through the 3 passes. And a nice post feeling. Looking forward to the next.

Great video @nick_s ! So far you and Arthur seem to be having a significantly better experience than @Nishy so the tweek seems to have worked. Still interested to hear from the rest.
I'm already thinking packaging; I can get black tins the same dimensions as the red Signature ones. Or I can get silver tins which are a cm wider (good) and also 7mm taller (not so good). The latter I think are a less pleasing shape, but are at least wider. Which do people think would be best? The silver one would have a good cm of empty space or maybe more, at the top, so would also help reduce overspill.

Slightly wider would be good :) I wouldn't necessarily see taller as a bad thing, but I suspect as per most things shaving, it's personal preference :) If we could increase one dimension only, I'd go for a wider pot.

Hopefully the next few days will yield the same sort of results from Le Boeuf!

My first shave was very similar to @Nishy. The soap produced tons of really thick rich lather with very few visible bubbles. Painting it on my face was a pleasure. The shave I got from the soap was really good, I had no nicks or weepers so the protection was great however it did feel a little bit dry on the face with not much glide and the post shave feeling wasn't amazing.

The signature shave from the day before was better both in slickness and post shave for me. But it sounds like the tweak you made has done the trick.

Used it twice now but first one doesn't count, didn't pay attention so ended up a bloodbath because of the Warfarin :) Anyway today's shave was much more enjoyable . I must have different water to Nishy or Nathan as I had no problems with the lather drying out and it was slick enough for me. The scent was great and will be looking forward to getting the tallow in Moroccan sands. Post shave my skin felt great, so all in all a thumbs up from me. Once again thanks for sample @SoapAlchemist

@Askegi and @Nathan thanks both. Well this is getting more confusing by the minute. Both of you with the same untweeked version as @Nishy , Nathan not even finding the post shave feel all that good, and Askegi finding everything fine. Still, as the tweeked version has two out of two liking it, and untweeked only one out of three with no complaints, so far it's ahead. I will swap @Bechet's sample for the tweeked version, will be sending out his order Monday, so that will be an extra person, and I have another in mind to make hopefully four. Might have to send out a few more; with the variation in experiences, 4 probably isn't enough.

Back
Top Bottom