Testers wanted - not for Vegetarians

@nick_s , what's it feel like to be a chosen one?
I feel like one half of this duo :D

High-Five.jpg

My tin of neroli signature and the sample arrived today so I will have to wait until tomorrow to start with them. The neroli just smells great, it is the perfect for summer and if it is as good as it smells then it will be hard to beat. i just want to keep smelling it.

Really looking forward to the test vs the sample.

Glad you like it Nathan, I love Neroli. I'd be interested to hear how others think it compares to other Neroli scented soaps they have used. I did have a customer ages ago very disappointed that it didn't smell like oranges, which is why the description on my site now specifically points that out. It is made from orange blossom, but doesn't smell like oranges.

My "beefy" sample arrived today, thank you.
Great scent, not a bit like Bovril.

Looking forward to trying it starting the weekend for the rest of the week, will compare it to signature ice & a slice and one other top performing, tallow based soap.

Glad you like it Nathan, I love Neroli. I'd be interested to hear how others think it compares to other Neroli scented soaps they have used. I did have a customer ages ago very disappointed that it didn't smell like oranges, which is why the description on my site now specifically points that out. It is made from orange blossom, but doesn't smell like oranges.

I think that was me. At the time the scent really didn't do anything for me. However, I like to try things I think I don't like (brussel sprouts, G&T, Neroli) once in a while to see if my tastes have changed. Often they do and this Signature sample in Neroli is fabulous. Almost as good as Moroccan Sands!

... try things I think I don't like (brussel sprouts, G&T, Neroli) once in a while...

Great idea for you there, Sharon: "signature sprout". And what a signature that would be! I'm willing to bet no soap maker has gone there before... For good reasons :s

(G&T actually could work, on the other hand. Juniper and quinine, anyone?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great idea for you there, Sharon: "signature sprout". And what a signature that would be! I'm willing to bet no soap maker has gone there before... For good reasons :s

(G&T actually could work, on the other hand. Juniper and quinine, anyone?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Juniper works well, a nice sharp fragrance, works well :)

Christmas Pudding with Brandy would be a nice scent for a seasonal offering ;) ;)

Beef and Down Homme Summer arrived today. Beef smells lovely, fresh burst of citrus. DHS smells nice too, need to lather this one up to fully appreciate the bouquet. Does it contain aniseed Sharon?
A really good Jasmine blend (minus rose) would be nice, similar to jasmine tea as opposed to a very sweet artifical jasmine scent. Or a hemp flower based scent.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Mine has arrived but sadly after I'd just shaved, so it's looking like I'll be testing on Saturday or Sunday. o_O

Fish

I had my first use of the fat just now. Positive aspects are the post shave feel, honestly one of the best post shave experiences I have had. No dryness or taught skin. The scent masks any tallow or otherwise and it doesn't take long to build a healthy lather. Thirsty bugger though, but I find this to be the case with most tallow soaps and usually aids slickness.

Improvements, all IMO. I would say the cushion and slickness need to be increased. The cushion is pretty much at a very good level compared to other tallow soaps (Tabac being the pinnacle), the lather didn't 'explode' but wasn't a chore to create. Slickness is the main aspect I would alter. I didn't find it to be very slick, despite the large amount of water used to build the lather. The lather also dried out slightly and came off as 'dust' whilst sat in my scuttle. I'm definitely no expert but perhaps some shea or other butters could be added?

I find the signature range (Arabian Nights and Down Homme) to be slicker and have more cushion at present.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom