Tabac Re-Formulated - Now Tallow Free

I just ordered a stick from Amazon and can confirm it’s the old formula still. I have a new puck and stick and I’m still not sure it’s enough. But have acquired yet more soap including this today so probably have enough!

I've bought 5x Tabac Shaving Soap refill 125g from Maguires direct today. Thanks for the heads up @Paul L .
On their website it said Tallow, and I got an email from them saying they have Tallow.
Hopefully the 5x are Tallow, otherwise I'll send then back for refund etc. As I won't use the Vegetal.
Stocking up for the future.

Did you people know that M&W reformulated Tabac in 2014?

Good grief, the panic buying is over the top. One German poster on another forum stated that Germans seem to like this new soap better than the tallow version. He said it smells better and not quite as strong. It (new version) replaced the older tallow version over a year ago he stated so it's obvious that it has taken a long time for this to be noticed which tells me they really don't sell that much. Hell I might buy a newer better smelling one just out of curiosity.

Of course it's useless to mention this I'm sure in the middle of a Bedlamesque buying frenzy.

Good grief, the panic buying is over the top. One German poster on another forum stated that Germans seem to like this new soap better than the tallow version. He said it smells better and not quite as strong. It (new version) replaced the older tallow version over a year ago he stated so it's obvious that it has taken a long time for this to be noticed which tells me they really don't sell that much. Hell I might buy a newer better smelling one just out of curiosity.

Of course it's useless to mention this I'm sure in the middle of a Bedlamesque buying frenzy.
why fix something that isn't broken, I love the strong scent :)

why fix something that isn't broken, I love the strong scent :)

O791bOr.gif

That is quite interesting - might need to try it sometime. I’m a fan of stronger scents (which can also be read as I’m partially nose blind I guess) - but will be interesting to have a sniff and see what’s the difference to be honest!

Sounds like some people here got a stock of tabac equal to the whole collection of other soaps (going by amount of panic buying) … can’t lie I did grab couple shaving stick refills but that’s it - them together with one stick and one bowl will do me for a good while lol

My new formula Tabac arrived this morning and whilst I can't compare to the old one as I have never used it (I avoid Tallow) what I would say is that the performance of the soap is excellent , I face lathered and after a short load from the puck I had lots of very nice lather , applied to the face and then hydrated it produced a rich creamy lather , with plenty of cushion and some serious slickness.

I am not sure if I like or dislike the scent , but there is plenty of that too.

I am a massive fan of Saponificio Varesino and I would say the Tabac Matched it in all of the key areas of Slickness, Cushion , and Richness of Lather. It was maybe not as good in the post shave as S.V.

As always YMMV.

My new formula Tabac arrived this morning and whilst I can't compare to the old one as I have never used it (I avoid Tallow) what I would say is that the performance of the soap is excellent , I face lathered and after a short load from the puck I had lots of very nice lather , applied to the face and then hydrated it produced a rich creamy lather , with plenty of cushion and some serious slickness.

I am not sure if I like or dislike the scent , but there is plenty of that too.

I am a massive fan of Saponificio Varesino and I would say the Tabac Matched it in all of the key areas of Slickness, Cushion , and Richness of Lather. It was maybe not as good in the post shave as S.V.

As always YMMV.
That's high praise - I know you're a man that enjoys quality soaps.

Back
Top Bottom