Tabac Re-Formulated - Now Tallow Free

I think Speick will be next. The stick sticks out like a sore thumb in their product range.Much of the marketing is based on the fact that they are Vegan friendly. Haslinger has already reformulated their shaving soap which was the same in their vegan friendly range.

Yes, that has been my fear as well...

9FRko8E.gif

Panicked, luv the Tabac stick so ordered a few from Amazon UK yesterday. Phew, the sticks that turned up are phatty.

Mind you I still bring out a full fat OG Penhaligons English Fern for a twirl every now and then. For the youngsters nope the reformualtion was shite, so much so they stopped making the EF entirely followed eventually by the rest of the range.

Having just used Tabac for the first time, I must say that despite the scent needing to be dialled-down a bit, I am impressed.
The puck is rock hard, but I had enough lather after a few light swirls for a very pleasant 3 pass shave. We do have quite soft water, so that helps.
This stuff will last ages, even if used regularly.
The scent difference (puck & stick) can be noticable, I even wrote to M&W and they confirmed the same stuff was in both. I could only conclude at the time that the stick container stops the soap from drying out as much and as a consequence knocks back the scent when it becomes hydrated. Got rid of my pucks, stick user only.

There you go , old formula full of tallow loveliness , £4.99p a go for the 125 gram refill puck from Fragrance Direct , free packaging and postage too , I’m well happy .View attachment 74786

You were lucky! The first guy on B&B who got his vegan one bought his from that seller.

Back
Top Bottom