Tabac Re-Formulated - Now Tallow Free

Thank you Chris , I was really surprised by just how good it was , considering it is not an expensive soap. I just gotta work out what I think of that scent.

New Tabac shaving soap is supposed to be different to the old one.

From B&B
"Scent strength right off the puck is stronger on the new, but it lacks the Aunt Elsie's purse scent. The new scent is not as complex, lighter, with a tinge of something medicinal."

My new formula Tabac arrived this morning and whilst I can't compare to the old one as I have never used it (I avoid Tallow) what I would say is that the performance of the soap is excellent , I face lathered and after a short load from the puck I had lots of very nice lather , applied to the face and then hydrated it produced a rich creamy lather , with plenty of cushion and some serious slickness.

I am not sure if I like or dislike the scent , but there is plenty of that too.

I am a massive fan of Saponificio Varesino and I would say the Tabac Matched it in all of the key areas of Slickness, Cushion , and Richness of Lather. It was maybe not as good in the post shave as S.V.

As always YMMV.
Nice review of the Vegetal Tabac.
Now, I'm thinking about keeping it, but I do prefer the Tallow base, when my 5x order arrives.

I'm all set for a very very very long time loving tallow Tabac and another 6 more refill pucks coming soon in the mail from my brother who also LOVES Tabac, however, my brother doesn't know I'm already stocked up.

2 travel sticks
6 refill sticks
6 refill pucks, plus 6 more comings soon in the mail (12 in total)

37938-B68-FA47-4467-80-C7-B9261-E3-F296-B.jpg

I'm all set for a very very very long time loving tallow Tabac and another 6 more refill pucks coming soon in the mail from my brother who also LOVES Tabac, however, my brother doesn't know I'm already stocked up.

2 travel sticks
6 refill sticks

I’ve got a similar sized stash , just curious , how are you going to store yours?

This does remind me somewhat of people rushing around supermarkets like headless chickens, with trolleys full of pasta & bog rolls...
Some dude over on another site posted an image of his Tabac refrigerator. Perhaps that’s the best approach.

This does remind me somewhat of people rushing around supermarkets like headless chickens, with trolleys full of pasta & bog rolls...
Some dude over on another site posted an image of his Tabac refrigerator. Perhaps that’s the best approach.
Over two thirds of my stash was acquired two months ago from Fragrance Direct at very favourable sale prices , well before I knew anything about the reformulation ,but, thanks for the comparison to a headless chicken , it’s appreciated.

I’ve got a similar sized stash , just curious , how are you going to store yours?
Into a very dark cool place into shoe cardboard boxes directly away from sunlight and the bathroom, your soaps will last for many many years, just keep in mind by storing them in a dark cool place, because, you won't lose the scent, it takes many many years and very very slowly for a tallow soap to lose the scent by storing them into a dark cool place into shoe cardboard boxes.

Into a very dark cool place into shoe cardboard boxes directly away from sunlight and the bathroom, your soaps will last for many many years, just keep in mind by storing them in a dark cool place, because, you won't lose the scent, it takes many many years and very very slowly for a tallow soap to lose the scent by storing them into a dark cool place into shoe cardboard boxes.
Thanks for that , that’s good to know .

Tabac never quite made the grade for me. I would always have preferred MWF over it. I tried the Fine soaps that were supposedly the same formula but different scents, but even then the performance was just marks-and-spencer level. Perfectly good, but nothing to write home about.

I generally am using vegan soaps these days, so I'm quite interested in trying the new Tabac once you guys have kindly exhausted all the stock of the tallow stuff, so I can avoid it :)

2 travel sticks
6 refill sticks

If the end of the world arrives, then the one shaving soap you will take to the tropical island, I guess it will be 20x Tabac :D

Back
Top Bottom