Straight Razor Shave of the Day

Razor P Hospital Le Grelot Thiers
2nd shave with the razor but this time put through a short run on the 0.1um pasted balsa. The result was a slightly more keener edge but yet still as smooth. Managed 3+passes for a ccs to sas finish with a micro red spot. This is a very enjoyable razor...
20210815_124004.jpg

Razor Dorko Solingen 7/8 Near Wedge
Another nice shave from this razor! I am appreciating it more by each use...after going through another pasted balsa progression. The edge was smooth and keen. Did not feel it being aggressive at all. Had an enjoyable 3passes without any issues for a ccs to sas results. Still unable to get my neck whiskers removed satisfactorily.
20210815_233707.jpg

Razor Torrey 5/8 Wedge
Finally reached my 50th straight razor shave. Really enjoying this journey! This razor's edge was after 2nd round of full-pasted balsa progression. It was keen and smooth but due to being in a hurry...managed 3passes for sas result and 1 nick on the chin. The lesson learned here is to not use an SR when in a hurry...especially with my novice skills.
20210816_222704.jpg

Razor Dorko Solingen 43 Near Wedge
Another shave with this soon be mine and elevated to the top razor was just outstanding. While still unable to get the efficiency results of DE, this time round in 3++passes managed a dfs/ccs/sas results. This razor's edge has noticeably improved after the 4th full-pasted balsa progression. Smoother, sharper, and ohhh soooo silent. No weepers nor irritation. Very enjoyable.
20210820_100405.jpg

I have to admit, my shave today was with a Wilkinson Classic and Gillette Wilkinson Sword blade. Don't get me wrong, I prefer the straights for sheer pleasure but I've yet to manage the same level of performance, although there's not too much in it. Maybe I'll take one of my straights back to the diamond balsa progression and see if silly sharp will help. Although I suspect that's a fool's errand, I mean straights are rarely as sharp as a DE are they?

I have to admit, my shave today was with a Wilkinson Classic and Gillette Wilkinson Sword blade. Don't get me wrong, I prefer the straights for sheer pleasure but I've yet to manage the same level of performance, although there's not too much in it. Maybe I'll take one of my straights back to the diamond balsa progression and see if silly sharp will help. Although I suspect that's a fool's errand, I mean straights are rarely as sharp as a DE are they?
I generally get as good a result with straights vs de (or Feather AC DX) everywhere other than the lower parts of my neck where the stubble grows out sideways. I do three passes with either type of razor, although the straights take off the stubble more progressively. I think the straights are sharp enough, but the de blades are sharper (but nowhere near as smooth).

Back
Top Bottom