Straight Razor Shave of the Day

I have to admit, my shave today was with a Wilkinson Classic and Gillette Wilkinson Sword blade. Don't get me wrong, I prefer the straights for sheer pleasure but I've yet to manage the same level of performance, although there's not too much in it. Maybe I'll take one of my straights back to the diamond balsa progression and see if silly sharp will help. Although I suspect that's a fool's errand, I mean straights are rarely as sharp as a DE are they?

I'll stick to DE, but the elegance and style of the Straight Razor is another league.
I agreed with both of you regarding the ease and efficiency of using DE razors. Using a straight razor is still unable to give me the result that I can achieve with a DE, but... the thrill, excitement, and satisfaction... there's just something special. I don't mind not getting my desire finish as I know I'm just a novice but I look forward to the day when it will all comes together...
Nowadays... daydreaming about using a straight razor is all I think about... the good news is my DE addiction is cured, the bad news is I keep browsing at straights... :LOL:

One of those great shave days, plenty of time on hand, no rush , no worries, razor just came of the 12000 Naniwa followed by a nice strop session...

It's my second shave with the SV 70th, it's easy now for me to understand why people rave about this soap, it's subtle, it's got a clean scent and has a great lather. Are any of the other SV's stronger in scent or are they all just as subtle ?

As much as I enjoy using a badger brush, mine is a shedder so this Rockwell synthetic has been seeing far more use of late.. The wife bends my ear every time she finds a new piece of badger stuck somewhere... because this Rockwell doesn't shed I am starting to appreciate it more and more.

The Bleu Balme Apres Rassage is my daily and I am going through it much quicker than I thought I would... I am hesitant to buy the SV after shave as it's impossible to try it out beforehand, any thoughts ?

1629647191004.jpg

Back
Top Bottom