Straight Razor Shave of the Day

SoTd
Wonderful shave earlier this evening what’s not to love when it’s an SV shave it’s a guaranteed good en ! Almost forgot to post up this evening..been busy ordering some new cycling gear another rabbit hole I could easily get lost in best not though, going away next week and want to spoil those closest to me for a change instead of myself lolDF473495-3F5C-4839-9394-BA28CCC4DEE2.jpeg

Razor Dorko Solingen Near Wedge
Put the razor through the pasted balsa strop progression yesterday night. Ohhhh yeah...the edge was noticeably keen & sharper compared to yesterday. Still felt smooth and comfortable in 3passes but somehow the keen edge causes red irritation below the jawline & neck. No cuts nor weepers though...really interesting.
20210808_095907.jpg

SoTd
Don’t often use the Loccitane Cade hard soap so thought I’d give it a run out..It does take a bit of work but once it’s there it’s a great lather ! Another enjoyable day of weights and cycling always enjoy a productive day on a Sunday..going to relax for the rest of the evening now and enjoy what’s left of the weekend116FE27F-650D-4C27-BC11-F8F79EB19044.jpeg

Went for a back-to-basics shave with the Baurmann 5/8 rp, Cella red, and Nivea post shave balm. Overall had a pretty decent shave, but lately I've been so over-tired I find myself making silly mistakes. I'm one of those careful people who never leaves cupboard doors open etc to avoid accidents, but recently I'm dropping things, forgetting things etc which unfortunately also extends to more than a couple of razor cuts. Probably just as well Gordy has generously PIFfed me a DE safety razor. I'm sure I'll nick myself with that too, but it might get me through this clumsy period more safely than my usual weapons of choice!

Back
Top Bottom