Straight Razor Shave of the Day

SoTd
Had a lovely shave this evening..I was very kindly gifted a sample of p&b imperial rum from @wooky114 thank you mate really appreciate the chance to try it, I haven’t tried a bay rum before nor have I tried a p&b and have to say I absolutely loved it..the lather was excellent and the scent was very enjoyable it reminded me very much of the scent of cola bottle sweets or like a rum and coke with a lovely limey sweetness to it very enjoyable feeling super smooth and nicely refreshedFC1C85EF-EA6B-436E-932A-5CF3313807AA.jpeg

Shiozawa Masaaki Union50 13/16 Full Hollow
Grooming Dept Unscented Preshave
Crowne & Crane Tobacco Leaf & Amber Shave Soap
Lucky Tiger Aftershave Tonic
Highland Springs Soap Co. Havana Viejo Splash
Crowne & Crane Tobacco Leaf & Amber Aftershave Balm
Stirling Haverford EdT

Heritage Collection dubl duck 26 mm Silver Tip Brush
DDA37001-11CB-4C9A-BC10-DE605E0120EA.jpeg6F1D5CCC-431C-4DEE-B996-7652AB93FF4C.jpeg26CF510A-D9AA-40E6-B72B-870501BF1F5B.jpeg

Found a local Jnat honemeister...all my inactive straights are finally given the proper massage by sexy Japanese stones...
I can't wait to feel the meaning of shave-ready and buttery smooth...honemeister even kindly loaned me his Near Wedge Dorko to see if I prefer thicker grind...very grateful.
Awatani lv5
Asano - Tenjyou
Asano - Mejiro
Asano - Koma
PSX_20210626_224251.jpg
First up to bat will be the Near Wedge Dorko...

20210629_171137.jpg

Wed 30 SR SOTD With an on-loan Near Wedge
Soap Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor Dorko 43 Solingen 7/8 Near Wedge
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Hyaluronic + Proraso Green Splash
This soap scent is truly awesome! The lather is wonderful too...thick, creamy, and slick!
This near wedge 7/8 razor is very kindly on loan to me from my locally found Jnat honemeister!
The shave was a wow...the 1st few strokes were silent! I was very tentative and kept the blade as flat as possible...
As I gain confidence...man...is it that a buttery smooth edge I always heard about...?? I felt the razor edge was not bitey sharp like the previous GD but rather soft and ooooo the smoothness...
I was very tentative with every stroke since it's my first thick heavy razor...but I know if I use it more...I can use the razor weight with better efficiency. The best test was the atg on the upper lip...wow...very very nice...so smooth and no skippy at all...
Overall...I enjoyed using this wedge for the no-blade chatter...Managed to do a 3.5pass without any irritation nor nicks and weepers...excellent! Results were just SAS though...hopefully, will get better with more practice.
The aftershaves were fantastically cold and perfect!
20210630_121320.jpg

[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine..
[IMG]

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
C-MON Blackie Solingen Full Hollow 6/8th
Hans Baier Silver Tip
Wickham 1912 Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Very Enjoyable Shave Today with My C - MON Blackie Solingen 6/8th..Lovely Shaver.A Real Comfortable & Close Shave this Morning with this Shiny Blade.Amother One I Brought in from the Good Auld USA,,
:D

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..
:kar:

Billy..
:chores016:

Thu 1st SR SOTD
Soap PAA Cavendish
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Friedr. Herder Abr. Sohn 77 (after going thru some Japanese massage sessions)
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + PAA Cavendish
Super nice aromatic scent from this soap! The lather was creamy and slick too...
Shave with this full hollow razor (used to be very skippy & tuggy)...how can I describe it...? I can feel the edge but it was not bitey, just smooth...& comfortable. Was this the buttery smoothness edge I have been wanting to experience? What an enjoyable session...best test is always the atg pass and it was really smooth even for the upper lips except under my left jawline, a bit skippy there. 3passes for between ccs & sas. Aftershaves were awesome!
20210701_070728.jpg

This Le Grelot 71 is new to me , my friend who I bought from but a La Lune edge on it for me to try , found the edge Cotticule Comfortable and maybe just a bit keener , very nice.

Lol I was just about to ask how many Le Grelot’s do you have..then read that this is a new one ! Sounds fantastic it’s a beauty

Back
Top Bottom