Straight Razor Shave of the Day

SoTd
A bit of a later one today..had a long day so this shave was much appreciated, a glorious lather from the SV as usual it’s almost like silk paired with the little Boker 5/8 smoked acrylic with Pearl tang I’ve been enjoying lately.. now feeling super smooth and refreshed ready to relax for the rest of the evening45F843B8-9550-4845-ABF0-5E9D6C2AD1FA.jpeg

Puma 91 13/16 Full Hollow
Grooming Dept Unscented Preshave
Mike’s Natural Soap Orange, Cedarwood, and Black Pepper
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Penhaligon’s Blenheim Bouquet Aftershave Balm
Penhaligon’s Blenheim Bouquet EdT

Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 26 mm Silver Tip Brush
DF433075-B77A-4E7F-9E69-41660A1DE55E.jpeg7D153613-4709-43F5-B6B5-50CACAE4B4DB.jpegAA04FBD7-B4E9-4BC0-B5EB-6EA5845092A6.jpeg

Sat 3rd SR SOTD
Soap Stirling Mountain Man
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Henckels & Friodur 472 1st Use after Jnat honed
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Excellent qualities from Stirling as usual. Nice scent, even nicer lather...creamy and slick!
The shave with this razor which I have had since 2019 but never shave-ready and thus never used...after being honed on jnat...was friggin AWESOME!! The experience was a smooth buttery edge...at no time I felt it catching nor skip during the atg pass even on the upper lips. Felt very comfortable...Amazingly it was efficient too. 3passes for a between bbs to dfs finish without any nicks, weepers nor irritation which is my first! Woohooo!!
I always thought a hollow razor tends to chatter going atg but this razor proves me wrong! I love it! This razor edge felt so much better than the previous 2...or so it seems...looking at the picture...is it a belied hollow?
20210702_200021.jpg
20210702_202618.jpg
20210703_104957.jpg

View attachment 72827
first shave with straight in a while… been a bit over a month. Great razor gave me a dfs! Excellent.

Set: apricus
As: razorock xxx
Brush: declaration grooming B3 Washington
Razor: koraat 6/8 near wedge

am I allowed into big boys club here? :D
Nice to see you post up in the straight SoTd thread and glad you enjoyed the Koraat they are a thing of beauty and lovely shavers…have fun with it and look forward to seeing your journey with this little stunner

Nice to see you post up in the straight SoTd thread and glad you enjoyed the Koraat they are a thing of beauty and lovely shavers…have fun with it and look forward to seeing your journey with this little stunner
It really is a great one! I already love it - it'll definitely be a regular in my 'rotation' (for lack of better word of me picking up random preferable razors haha). Feels much better in hand compared to my dovo, probably due to weight!

[IMG]

[IMG]
Two Pass Shaving Routine..
[IMG]

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Otto Busch World Master Silver Sheffield Steel Full Hollow 6/8th
Mason Pearson Pure Badger
Wickham 1912 Soap
Witch Hazel

I had a Lovely Shave Today with My Shiny Silver Steel Otto Busch World Master Solingen 6/8th..This Solingen Ground Sheffield Blade is a Heavy Grind Compared to Some Full Hollow Grinds Grinds..Its a Real Delight on Das Coupon..Wunderbar..
[IMG]

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..
[IMG]

Billy..
[IMG]

Last edited:
It really is a great one! I already love it - it'll definitely be a regular in my 'rotation' (for lack of better word of me picking up random preferable razors haha). Feels much better in hand compared to my dovo, probably due to weight!
Yeh completely agree about a nice bit of heft in a razor..feels like a real quality piece of kit

Back
Top Bottom