Friday

Merkur 11c OC
Merkur (3)
Simpson's "Major" (Best)
Proraso Soap

Nivea ASB
Eau Sauvage AS

Three pass, face lather.

Another excellent Merkur shave. Merkur blades are very good - go on, try them.

Inspired by using my T&H turnback brush all weekend I thought that I'd give the old galloping Major a whirl again. It's good but I think that the T&H is better.

Friday

Muhle R41
Gillette Platinum "Swede" Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap

My recent absence from these pages is a result of me experimenting (again) with some different equipment; some of it successfully, some not.

The above shave was a definite success. 2 passes WTG is all that is required.

Ian

Friday:

Mitchell's Wool Fat
Semogue SOC Boar
Gillette Long Comb New/Weber Bulldog
Professor Blighty's Harlequin AS
TOBS St. James EDC

Fantastic shave, effortless BBS.

No pre-shave - whoops!
Cella
Fatboy on 5 with Gillette Super Stainless (1976)
M and S Woodspice a/s balm

Very close but a little sore. Somehow completely forgot the pre-shave moisturiser and didn't realise throughout the shave. That Friday feeling I guess.

Re: RE: SOTD W/C saturday june 2 to friday 8

IanM said:
My recent absence from these pages is a result of me experimenting (again) with some different equipment; some of it successfully, some not.

I'd've thought that the most postable stuff! Going to tell us about it?

Friday shave!

2mwfwk.jpg

St James of London Cedarwood & Clarysage shaving cream + Simpson Duke3 Best + Merkur Futur with Gillette Stainless + Palmolive "Power of Nature" lotion with Herbíssimo balm

A very good, soothing shave, gentlemen! This St James cream have a lovely scent, can't wait to get the after shave lotion but I need to clear some space first...

Cheers!

Now you're just teasing, Ian.

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: Joseph Rodgers "The Favorite", restored by Jamie
Brush: Simpson Commodore X3 in Best
Soap: Cella
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Red Ginger
Scent: Penhaligon's Endymion

I've never liked to eat marzipan, but the smell is very pleasant.

With the FAC I find if I shave every day I start to feel my skin getting delicate, just a little, which is why I usually skip a day at weekends. That's not the case here. I think seven-day-shaving, using the trad blades at weekend for a rest from Japanese ninja sharpness, is the way forward. I am now getting close enough to be happy about using on a work day, provided I weren't going into the evening.

this morning shave

20120608245.jpg

sorry, I did shave this morning, but didn't have time to post this morning.

I over slept The post woman knocked and kept giving me boxes, so I explored them instead :blush: :angel: And then went shopping, If I think of any more excuses I let you know.

Dove soap/hot face cloth prep
1920s gillette ball end
wilkison sword blade
Kent BK2 Brush
Taylor's sandlewood cream
Geo.F.Trumper Sandlewood Skin Food to finish
BSS WTG A 4 Pass shave with this one, to get the smooth shave I want

I do love adusting the blade in these old razors it's all part of the fun:D

Well the final bits of my shaving order arrived today - the TOBS sandalwood soap in a bowl and a selection pack of blades.

I swapped out the derby blade for a gillette 7 o'clock, and lathered up with the soap with the vulfix 404. Previous to this i've been using EJ sandalwood cream and once that ran out TOBS sandalwood cream.
I was initially unsure how to proceed with the soap but a bit of googling and i swirled the brush over the soap for about 30 seconds and then went to the face to build up a good foam.
Shaving with the gillette blade felt slightly more 'draggy' but the shave was closer and no cuts or nicks.
I still gave my face a once over with an alum block though.
I'm going to have to improve my 'sinister' side technique though as my left jawline has a tad more stubble than i'd like. I suspect this is due to poor mirror placement and timidity.
I've got some ted baker aftershave balm which has menthol in it. It's ok but a bit 'fresh', i'll be investing in some TOBS sandalwood balm soon i suspect.

Back
Top Bottom