SOTD w/c Sat 31ST March- Fri 6TH April. incl.

Thursday morning. Well, went and did it again... Can't stay away from the Gillette '04's . This time I broke my rule again and I bought TWO newer ones. Both are 'K's one is the fixed head and the other, the 3piece ball end. Used both this morning. One on each side . Yes, there was a difference!!
Razors: fixed head and ball end Gillette '04 'K's
Blade: Polsilver
Preshave: Noxzema plus
Brush: New!! Grosvenor 'boar and badger' 404
Soap: Provence Sante. Verlaine&Linden
Aftershave: Aqua Velva! Wow!

Same model 'K'. the Ball End was considerably smother. Both shaves equally as close. But the ball end was a lot smother!

Maundy Thursday

First outing for my new brush today, and what a wonderful brush it is too. It feels fantastic and made an excellent lather.

Prep: Hot Towels
Cream: TOBS Jermyn Street
Brush: Neep Extra Silvertip 1134
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Gillette 7'o clock SharpEdge
Balm: Barbershop Bay Rum

05APR2012.jpg

Thursday afternoon head and face shave.

Semogue 2000
Arko
Fusion on the old barnet
Long comb New for the face
Wilkinson #4
Blighty's Leather AS
Blighty's Universal Balm

Small nick on the back of the barnet but face good and smooth.

Lose the beard said:
Maundy Thursday

First outing for my new brush today, and what a wonderful brush it is too. It feels fantastic and made an excellent lather.

Prep: Hot Towels
Cream: TOBS Jermyn Street
Brush: Neep Extra Silvertip 1134
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Gillette 7'o clock SharpEdge
Balm: Barbershop Bay Rum

05APR2012.jpg
It is indeed a lovely looking brush!
Jim

Thursday

EJ89L with Wilkinson Sword (1)
EJ Pure Badger
Nuage shaving oil
TOBS Avocado cream
Bulldog moisturiser

First shabby shave in a good while. Pretty close but couple of weepers on my chin and about 4 under my chin, little bit of burn on my neck. Not the kits fault I don't think. I don't think I was concentrating properly.

This evening:

Prep: Hot shower
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (5)
Soap: D R Harris almond
Brush: Vie-Long Horse 13070
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Yellow Ginger
Result: very close

Spurred on by the thread on how to shave sideways on the neck, I spent some thinking time with my spare Artist Club (unbladed) and tried a couple of newer approaches to my own. One of my closest three-pass shaves with any implement, and no bleeding, so all in all a pleasing evening.

Thursday

Razor: Feather AC SS
Blade: Light (1)
Brush: Milk Churn 2 band Super
Cream: TOBS lemon and lime (thanks Andy!)

Lovely shave, a few nicks. With practice I know I can master this razor! Then to try the Pro blades...

Friday

Trumper Razor
Gillette Platinum (Swede) Blade
EJ Best Badger Brush
Provence Santé Shaving Soap
Tabac a/s

Nice Good Friday shave. A little more leisurely as I'm not at work today. Found my small bottle of Tabac and decided to go for it.

Ian

Yellow Jim said:
Dinatali said:
Perished said:
Wednesday Shave:

Well, my new Le' Tuft brush arrived, so had to give it a whirl...

Brush: Le' Tuft custom (great work beejay)
Razor: Cobra Classic & Feather blade
Soap/Cream: Martin De Candre soap
Post Shave: GFT Skin Food 'Limes'

i have Martin de candre in glass jar looking to buy in wooden bowl :-/ , how is it the scent with you if leave it without cover and how long with you this soap until this moment

The scent lasts very well, it maybe mellows slightly but doesnt fade much. I had the wooden bowl that I used 4-5 times per week and it lasted me almost a year. I rinsed it under a tap after use and left it uncovered.

Sorry for the delay... As Yellow Jim says, the scent doesn't seem affected at all with being in the open. On the contrary, I walk into my bathroom and I get a lovely, not overpowering, scent. It's strong and lasts.
didn't like MdC to begin with, but as time goes by, It's growing on me. Had it now, 6 months maybe, obviously open the whole time... I traded a full glass jar of the stuff as I wasn't impressed, but kept the open soap for the lovely wooden bowl it came in. I think I was hasty trading the jar...

Prep L'Occitane Lavender Soap
Razor Feather AC - SS
Blade Feather Pro 6
Brush Sinpson Chubby 1 in super
Pre Shave Burt's Bees Shaving Cream
Vito's Soft Shaving Soap
Alum & Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Bavx Balm
Botanics Moisturiser
L'Occitane Cedre L'Atlas Eau De Parfum.

Jamie.

Simple perfect BBS shave one pass with minor clean up, i would also say this is the sixth shave with the Feather Pro blade, and it shows no signs of slowing up sharpness wise, if these were the Feather light i'm affraid that they would have given up the ghost after 4 shaves.

0015.jpg

Back
Top Bottom